Chapter Ten

Charlotte was walking over to the military ground to find Danny she started practicing what she was going to say to him.

"Danny, we need to talk about last night....no that's terrible....Danny about last night."

Charlotte turned around as she heard her name being called, she recognized that voice anywhere.

"Charlotte!"

"Danny!"

He smiled at me.

"Hey...Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Can we talk?" He said "I didn't sleep a wink last night."

"Neither did I." She replied, "Danny..."

Danny stopped her and he placed his hands on her shoulders,

"Charlotte, this is something I've been holding in since we were kids, I went to the beach this morning and I watched the sunrise and I knew everything was gonna be different. This is the start of something new, this place and this moment and I don't care what anyone else says, you know. How can't I not feel this way? I've known you forever, I watched you grow up to become a beautiful woman...I kind of like you." He smiled as he winked and Charlotte bit her lip and it was clear her face was red. Charlotte still had her innocence with her.

"Oh you do?" Charlotte replied, "Danny, what would Rafe say, if he was alive, he always talked about how he didn't want us ever dating, you told me this."

"I know, and I just know that it's you." Danny said, "It's always been you."

"You have you're tie on crooked." Charlotte said to him as she fixed it for him. It was clear Charlotte was nervous, she's known this guy forever. Danny pulled her face closer to his almost to their noses touching.

"Everything's gonna be alright." He whispered in her ear and kissed her nose, "Everything's gonna be alright."

He then hugged her placing her head on his chest she heard his heartbeat. It was racing fast. And she just knew.