Chapter-Twenty Three

It was time for Rafe and Danny to leave for their secret mission, and Evelyn was worried about losing Rafe again, but she also was worried about Charlotte losing the father of her child. She held on to Charlotte and hugged her and saw Rafe and Danny. They thought they should say goodbye really quickly.
Charlotte walked over to Danny, she could tell he was worried about something.

"You okay Danny?"

"Yeah." Danny said, "What if something happens to you and I'm not here?"

"I have Evelyn."

"She does." Evelyn intruded in the conversation, "I'll be here for her if she needs anything at all."

"Thanks ev." He said and hugs her. "Anything happens to her Im blaming you."

Evelyn let's go of him and sighs, but she agrees knowing that Danny is too nice to do anything to her. But she also remembers that Danny fought Rafe in the bar that one time.

"I love you Danny." Charlotte whispered to him closely, "And we will he here waiting for you when you come back." Knowing that Charlotte was referring to the baby. He held her stomach and kissed it going to her lips.

"I'll miss you like crazy." Danny whispers back, "And I'll see this little one soon."

"You bet." Charlotte says to him kissing his cheek.

Danny grabbed his bags and went into the plane with Rafe, Evelyn held charlotte close for dear life. Evelyn kissed her forehead.

"I can't wait until this war is over." Evelyn stated.