two.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [달콤한]↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 ꒱⠀⠀the coffee sat pretty in a china cup, much like the small ravenette sitting pretty in a yellow sweater

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [달콤한]
↳ ꒰ 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 ꒱

the coffee sat pretty in a china cup, much like the small ravenette sitting pretty in a yellow sweater. his palms may have burned from the heat of the beverage, but the fabric of his sweater was long enough to cover his hands.

"how is it?" his friend said from behind the cafe counter. only ten more minutes and he'd be on break for thirty, enough time to eat and chat a little with his roommate.

"good," jungkook said, "warm." he sipped the hazelnut coffee again, not minding the burn on his tongue. he had been really cold from the weather outside, and his outfit felt too cute to change into something that would probably keep him warmer. that means the only solution was coffee that was made way too hot.

those minutes seemed to pass quickly, and soon jungkook heard the chair in front of him behind pulled out and his friends voice to follow. "i hope you're hungry and ready."

"come on namjoon hyung," the smaller boy bounced in his seat lightly and he couldn't help the excited smile showing his white teeth, "i starved myself all day for this."

the older male chuckled, a sound too loud and nice to hear to even notice the little bell from the door ringing as new customers walked in. they were too absorbed in their game to notice anything else, jungkook expectantly waiting for a new mini cake to land in his hands. "this one is my favorite." he said, tasting the cherry filling in the center of the vanilla cake.

it was the first day of the new pastries, a few cakes and different croissants, some filled with chocolate and others with fruits. it was jungkooks favorite time, when seasons changed and new items came out. "give me another." the boy asked, already waiting expectantly with and open palm and hungry tummy.

the bell rang again, and a pair of boots hit the wooden floors of the cafe with heavy steps. it was a different look then before, no beat up sneakers and torn jeans covered in grass stains and dirt. the well fitted ones showed off the muscle he had, outlining subtle curves of his thighs leading up to the nicely tucked in button down. it would've seemed like a professional outfit, if it hadn't been the for the undone buttons exposing tan chest and crude words scribbled across the breast pocket and back due to the current trends in fashion. the black boots were nice, and matched the sunglasses covering dark eyes.

"what can i get for you?" the man behind the counter was covering for namjoon during his break, and he addressed the customer with a notepad and pen in hand.

"just a coffee."

"we have a few new products to start the fall season, including pumpkin muffins with a cinnamon crunch and-" the worker wasn't able to finish his practiced recital of the new pastries.

"just a coffee." he had repeated, this time with an icyness to his tone that had the worker nodding and already grabbing a cup and protective sleeve for it. "name?"

there was an obvious intimidating aura to the man, coming in with a casual stroll and single hand tucked away into his jeans, sunglasses sitting neatly on the tip of his nose and hair seemingly styled in the most perfectly-messy manner. he took off the glasses and sat them on the back of his neck. "taehyung." his voice was rough, and all he wanted right now was a damn cup of coffee. he was he only one ordering here, there was no need to take his name to call out.

while waiting, the male let his eyes wander around the small cafe. he wasn't the biggest fan, but he at least this time of day meant the place was the least busy. that exactly why he came now and not any other time.

"here you go sir." the worker had said, setting the cup on the counter with the slip of receipt paper beside it.

taehyung took the coffee with a grunt that was suppose to resemble a thanks. he walked to the station and poured dark roast into the tall cup, not even grabbing a lid as he sat down in one of the many empty booths against the wall. he didn't take off his sunglasses until he sat down, and he didn't look around the cafe until then either. only a second and a sip later did taehyung notice the other people there, sitting by the window and talking a bit louder then may have been if there was other people visiting the cafe right now.

it was that fluff of hair, and that little smile that  grew as he giggled — the sound so light and pure that it made taehyung momentarily forget what he was stomping around for just minutes ago. that was the same boy from the park, the one on the bench that had been too quiet for taehyung to realize he had even been there.

there was another guy with him, the same one that met him at the park. "save me at least one." he told the smaller.

"but hyung." jungkook had whined. he'd eaten plenty but there would always be room, especially if the last one happened to be another cherry-filled vanilla cake. those were definitely his new favorite and he'd risk being considered rude for not saving it for his hyung if he could just taste the sweetness once more.

before he thought of what he was actually doing, taehyung had downed the rest of his coffee and slipped on his sunglasses. the material of the booth seat squeaked as he slid out and stood, walking back up to the counter and seeing the same worker as before.

jungkook had now been paying more attention, and he heard the footsteps that didn't belong to his friend. speaking of, namjoon had left, heading to the back to clock back in and grab his apron so he could finish up the last couple hours of his shift for the day. jungkook was holding onto his coffee again and feeling how it got lighter, he maybe had about half left.

the new footsteps came closer to his table, a heavy thud against the tile. jungkook looked up at where the person would be and parted his pink lips to speak. he didn't get the chance, because a much deeper voice spoke first. "enjoy those." taehyung said, leaving the box of vanilla cakes on the table before heading for the door.

that voice was recognizable in any sense, whether it was paired with noisy wind and chirping birds, or soft cafe music and dings from registers. jungkook felt the small box in his hands and then heard the bell over the cafe door chime as the man left. he knew it was the same guy from before. that voice was unforgettable — such a deep and rich tone that sent shivers down the small boys spine.

jungkook took out one of the little delicate pastries, taking a bite and thinking of the boy who gave them to him. so sweet.

⠀⠀

▁▁▁▁▁