twenty nine.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [운명]↳ ꒰ 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙮 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [운명]
↳ ꒰ 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙮 ꒱

the knock that came was expected. the male had taken it upon himself to wait a little bit after the younger had fallen asleep, sitting on a stool in the kitchen to pass time. there was a glass of water beside his hands tapping anxiously on the counter — half empty.

jimin got up once he heard it, walking to the door and already feeling the pit of his stomach dropping. he knew exactly who it would be; and he still had no clue what he was going to say to explain anything.

that seemed to be the same for the one standing on the other side of the door. either way, as unprepared as he was, it still seemed to throw him off when he saw his best friend standing inside the apartment instead of a certain small ravenette.

"jimin?" taehyung asked, his eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed in obvious confusion. there was a bruise forming underneath his eye, and some blood had remained but appeared smeared from him trying to wipe it off in the elevator up.

"hey taehyung." jimin said. he made no moves to step aside or invite his friend in. technically it wasn't even his apartment. he had no say in who enters.

taehyung was beyond confused. he had partly practiced an apology on the way over, everything in him feeling terrible for even letting his control be lost like that. he felt bad, and then it just got worse when he couldn't find jungkook anywhere. the boy wasn't even answering his phone. "what do you doing here? how do you even know-"

"jungkook called me." jimin cut him off, "i picked him up and brought him home, don't worry he's safe and asleep."

there was some relief in the brunettes chest at those words. despite not knowing how those two even knew each other, taehyung only cared right now that jungkook was okay, even if he was mad at him and probably hated him. "can i just come in-"

jimin cut him off again, this time even closing the door a bit more so only his body stood in the opening, "i don't think that's a good idea, he's asleep."

"i know but let me just-" taehyung tried, only to fail once again at getting his words out.

"you should go home tae." his friend said, there was a sad look in his eyes. "you're drunk and tonight has been messy. get some rest." jimin only meant well, it would only get worse if taehyung came waltzing in all ditzy and upset.

there was a little more encouraging, but soon taehyungs shoulders visibly deflated and he left back down the hall. jimin closed the apartment door and went back to the stool and his glass of water. a fingertip traced some of the droplets of water collecting on the outside of the cold glass seemingly entertaining enough to nearly pass an hour until the sound of the doorknob once again.

it was nearly 2 am, but this time it wasn't a knock. that meant they had a key — and gosh jimin felt like vomiting again. it was like his entire past came catapulting at him in one night without any clue it was gonna happen.