thirty eight.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [파란]↳ ꒰ 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [파란]
↳ ꒰ 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 ꒱

lemon colored streaks through cotton balls clouds — such a perfect picture it must have been artificial. the way the sky smeared colors together from pastel blues to subtle greys from clouds too far away to fully define shape, and then the sun making way to claim its day reign.

taehyung looked up at it. he wondered what it would be like to not see. it couldn't be as simple as closing your eyes and suddenly understanding what kind of life that was like that. he could always open them again. for jungkook that wasn't as easy.

he wondered if he would remember what the sky looked like. if he could imagine the blue and the faded night saying goodbye as the sun woke up and bid the other stars farewell. he tried to close his eyes and imagine that shade of blue. it wasn't possible.

the sky was so diverse. there wasn't a single day where it looked the same or resembled shades that could be conjured up in one's mind. taehyung realized he'd miss the sky.

that blue was so pretty.

taehyung looked at the blue on his knuckles. this shade was not so pretty. the darker blemish that was mixed with purple and irritated red flesh. the cuts had cleaned up well from the day before, but he ran out of bandaids and couldn't cover them today. 

today was the day. today he'd be walking with jungkook into the doctors building and wait through that procedure to see if the rest of the day would be as pretty as the blue in the sky or resemble the blue of the bruises littering his knuckles. it was interesting how one color could portray so much.

hope versus pain.
which would they be dealt today.

his phone rang, and taehyung sat up from the grass and looked at the name flashing across his screen. "hey," he said, listening to the male on the other end and just humming. "yeah, meet us there." taehyung said, saying a quick goodbye before hanging up.

before going to jungkooks apartment he had stopped at the park, barely making it up the hill to that same bench before deciding to lay in the grass instead. he needed to collect his thoughts. taehyung knew jungkook had become hopeful again, after being realistic from so many dead ends, he had started to hope again — and it was all taehyungs fault.

the male stood with a grunt and ignored the guilt gnawing in his stomach, making him want to vomit all over the park flowers getting crushed under his sneakers.

taehyung walked with his head down all the way to the apartment building. he knew the way so well already he barely needed to glance up, only when crossing the city street and deciding today wasn't the day to gamble with not looking both ways. half way up the stairs his phone started to vibrate like crazy, and he knew it was them wondering where he was.

"sorry i'm late." taehyung said, letting himself in and seeing the two roommates standing ready. well almost ready, jungkook was crouched and tying his shoe, but he looked up with a grin anyways. "that's okay." he said.
taehyung felt a little better already.