Chapter Thirteen

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

Deciding that today will be a lazy day, and a day for me to get my shit together, I get up to pee. Walking in the bathroom I walk past the mirror only to see that I'm finally showing. With tears forming in my eyes, I immediately FaceTime James to tell him to come over now.

Cradling my bump, as soon as he answers I basically yell into my phone for him to get here before hanging up to pee and then cook me some food.

Going into the kitchen I decide on rotel and chicken wings, it's 4 p.m. and i woke up late, don't judge me. I make a lil extra too, because I know his fatass gone want some.

Dancing to some Ari Lennox, I get to work.

🎶On all night
Quarter five
I be insane if I let you hit
I need you
Should be here
For my regretful morning🎶

••••

Knock Knock Knock

Hearing what I assume to be James banging on my door, I walk over, looking through the peephole to confirm before opening my door with a wide grin.

"Now why I had to rush over here for?" He questions me, leaning in my door frame looking fine as hell.

Okay so, I do have on an oversized shirt and shorts so he can't really see it, but I wanna surprise him y'all.

Grining up at him, I tell him, "guess."

"Is your ass hungry again? Because you could've just told me to bring you some food. You ain't even have to make me come here first just to leave." He says with an attitude.

Men really don't know social cues at damn all.

"No stupid, and come in, ion want my neighbors all in my business." I said, moving out the way so he could come into my living room.

While he's turned around to lock my door, I pull up my shirt so he'll be able to see when he turns around.

Speaking of, as he turns around, his eyes immediately drop to my stomach, and in turn he automatically comes over to me and drops to his knees to kiss my stomach.

Standing there in shock of his actions, mainly because he hasn't laid a finger on me aside from the sideways goodbye hugs he gives me, and I know it's corny and shit but I felt those fucking butterflies that Wattpad books be talking about. And I know what y'all are thinking, how she feeling butterflies for somebody else's man? Well don't judge me because I am bitch.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I back away, making him drop his hands from my stomach, and let my shirt fall down.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, which i pretend not to notice, he sits on my couch and says "I know that we saw the baby on the ultrasound thing, but seeing your stomach like that makes it feel real. My bad if I did too much."