Chapter Seventeen

Snapping a pic of me laid up in this dusty ass hospital bed, I laugh with Mia as I post it

The post blows up instantly.

I may be making light of the situation but I'm pissed as hell, and when I find out who did it? Imma fuck them up

When I drop this baby, of course.

"Mia, can you get me some ice? I wanna chew on some so bad."

I wanted the ice, I got an addiction to chewing it, but really i just needed a lil time alone to think. Like someone really tried to kill me and my baby. Ain't no way an accident like that wasn't on purpose.

I just wanna know who.

Luckily for me, Mia was trailing behind me which is why she's the only one here right now.

I just got off the phone with my mom, sis thought i was dead or some the way she was acting. I know she called James with the dramatics.

As if he just knew I was thinking about him, James came busting in once again, with Queen right behind him, looking shitty as hell that I'm alive and breathing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the person that hit me was someone she knew.

"Ari! I bout was doing a 100 in a 60. You scared the fuck outta me! What happened? You good?" He asked motioning to my neck that's enclosed in the brace.

"I'm good, my throat is just a lil sore." I cough a bit before continuing.

"I should be released either tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm just waiting to hear back from the test they ran on the baby. They said I was lucky though."

"Yeah I saw some pictures from the accident, you was, and don't worry, we gone find whoever did this."

"Oh I already know, and when I drop this baby imma fuck them up."

He laughed at my response, Ion know why though because I was dead serious.

"Babyyyy, I'm sleepy!" Queen whined like a child while rubbing all on James.

Rolling my eyes at the desperation, i respond "y'all can go if you want, I promise I'm good and my folks will be here soon. I'll let you know if there's any problems."

"You sure?" James asked looking like he wanted to stay.

Queen pouted and rolled her eyes at the question. This bitch is really starting to irk me.

"Positive." I respond with a tight lipped smile as queen walked out the door, James following her.

As they were walking out my doctor and Mia were walking back in.

"Miss Jones, everything is good as I suspected." He said while reading from the chart.

"Unfortunately for you, since you were in an accident and we don't how simple movements would affect your pregnancy, we're going to have to put you on temporary bed rest."

"There are a multitude of things that you cannot do, sex is number one on that list. Lifting heavy things is another one. Unnecessary traveling is also there. I'll have a nurse to tell you the rest after you're discharged tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you doctor. Do you know how long I'll have to be on bed rest for?" I asked, hoping that this isn't how I'll spend the rest of my pregnancy.

"Well, that's up to your regular doctor to decide. I'll assume they'll have you on bed rest until you're not in the high risk stage though." He responsed.

"If that's all, I have other rounds to make. Have a good night Miss Jones, and if you need anything press the button and a nurse will answer." He said as he walked out the door.

Texting James about what he told me, he responded with: "🥺🍆"

I hate this shit and niggas make me sick.

Once I found out who did this shit i hope they ready for war.

••••

Alright y'all I realized after I made the last chapter that I didn't know what the hell I was gone do for this one which is why it's short and sucks.

To make it up to y'all I'm gonna double update, I'm writing chapter 18 as soon as I post this one!

As always thanks for all the reads, I never thought we'd have this many!

*also can whoever hates by book stop? I changed the banner and I'm still getting reported. So if Wattpad deletes my book I'm NOT reuploading*

 So if Wattpad deletes my book I'm NOT reuploading*