Chapter Twenty Two

Groaning at the sound of my alarm, I lay in bed for about ten more minutes before dragging myself out of bed

As I get further along in my pregnancy, it gets harder and harder to get out of bed, but it'll be all worth it once my baby boy is here.

Speaking of, today is the day I've been waiting for, my baby shower!

Luckily for me, my parents, Mia, and James, yes James, have been doing everything to make sure today goes perfectly.

I haven't had a thing to do with planning my baby shower other than telling them what colors I wanted and what type of food I wanted to eat at it. Other than that, it's been completely out my hands which I'm not complaining about AT ALL.

I have the best support system everrrrrr, especially after all that shit went down. I'm so thankful for my circle!

My life has done a complete 180 since the break in has happened.

I've been going to therapy for one in addition to moving in with my parents as I find me a safe area to move into.

James and I are doing okay as of now. He's still taking care of Queen since he feels obligated to, but they don't stay together anymore. He gave me 20k to replace all the things that was destroyed during the break in. In addition to that, he's offered to find me a house to move into, which means that we've been spending a lot of time together checking out neighborhoods.

Despite all that, I know that we'll never be how we once were, but we'll be amazing coparents for our baby and that's all that matters.

I've spent a lot of time in Atlanta with my my sister and Tae recently, if I wasn't pregnant I'd definitely be there instead of in Texas. Especially since I found me a lil atl boo, and yes he definitely knows I'm pregnant. There's no hiding this bump anymore!

As for Queen, the police informed me that there was nothing I could do since I had no concrete evidence that it was her.

Needless to say, my next place WILL have cameras everywhere!

Unfortunately for my parents, that means moving all of the things I'll get from my baby shower into their home.

Which brings me to today, and let's be real, this is the stress reliever I needed.

And the greatest part? My baby Tae is flying in to do my hair! I missed his goofy ass so much. Truth be told, I wanted to move down to Atlanta with him and my sister after the break in, but everyone talked me down from shutting James completely of me and my baby's lives.

Buuuuut, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Despite everything that had happened between me and James, there were still folks that I hadn't met, which were his extended family! And they'd be coming to the baby shower today. That definitely is making me a little nervous.