25 Years, Two Months, and 13 Days Ago

Hi there! Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU for giving this story a try :)

[Currently going through the long, arduous process of editing]

If you liked it, remember to comment, share with your friends, vote and make me smile~

If at any point in this story you discover a grammar, spelling, plot hole, or any other mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me in the comments because I want to make this story as good as possible so y'all can enjoy it! It would also really help as I'm editing. (I promise, no hurt feelings. That requires actual emotions, something I don't have.) Thank you in advance!

***

25 years, two months, and 13 days ago:

We were barefoot in the grass, which was still slightly damp with dew. The grass tickled my feet, rustling with every step, and the morning breeze numbed my limbs even though a cosy heat warmed my insides. The perfectly trimmed roses surrounded us, in an intricately designed maze I have come to learn by heart. And beside me, his hand wrapped around mine, was Casimir.

Yes, I am in love with him. But it's not because he is a prince. It's because he is the kind of prince who would pull you into a dance with him beneath the stars, twirling you around in his strong, unwavering arms. The kind of prince who would take you by the hand and sprint, laughing, into the forest, and catch you every time you stumbled. The kind of prince who would pluck a beautiful rose from his manicured palace garden-- red because he knows it's your favourite colour-- and tuck it into your inky hair, and tell you that you are beautiful even if you are not, just as he was doing now.

The kind of prince you would fall in love with over and over a thousand times and a thousand times again. 

I was the luckiest person in the land. Right then and there, I didn't think life would get any better, with the sun climbing into the sky and casting a magical glow on the world. But I was wrong. Because when I tore my gaze away from the golden and pink palette of dawn, I saw him dropping onto one knee in front of me, taking a small, red, velvet box out from his pocket... 

I should've known it wouldn't be that easy.