FIVE.

ALEX.

Everyone, cue panic music. Into the unknown, Panic! at the Disco version seems like a very appropriate song right now. All the puns intended. 

I am currently walking circles in my room, thinking of what to do (or just what to wear) while messaging Vanessa on the current situation.

—————
Vanessa
Come on, Al. He's asking you out on a date. It's not the end of the world.

Me
I know, but I don't know what to do. I have never been on a date with a guy!

Vanessa
Well, just treat it like any other date! You'll go out, you'll eat and you'll have fun! You can take the chance to know more about him.

Me
Ughhhhh alright... what do I wear then? I don't even know where he's taking me.

Vanessa
Just be you. Alright, let me tell you what. Go throw on some jeans and a shirt. Wear your usual sneakers. That's it. The most universal outfit there is.

Me
What if he brings me to some fancy restaurant? My outfit won't be able to make the cut.

Vanessa
Omg, bye! I'm helping you and you're still being a worrywart. You're on your own!
—————

Oops, sorry. Bad habit. I tend to over-think things.

I threw my phone on my bed and stared at the closet. When I first came, it only had a few pieces of clothing. I've been slowing bringing my clothes over and now, I have a full closet. 

A full closet but I have no idea what to wear. God, I'm so vain. Why am I getting so worked up over this? I'm annoying myself here.

I decided to heed Vanessa's advice and go with a pair of jeans and a white shirt. I slipped on a pair of white sneakers and styled my hair a little. It was almost time to go so I grabbed my wallet and keys before making my way down the stairs.

"Hey," he called out. "You look nice."

Oh my, please don't see that I'm blushing. Stop blushing! 

"Thanks. You look great too." I did my best to play it cool, but anyone could tell I was failing miserably.

I saw that he was in his casual wear, almost mirroring what I was wearing. A pair of black jeans and a black shirt with a v-neck. He was wearing a pair of sneakers too.

Is it wrong for me to find him attractive? Like, reeeealllllllyyyyy attractive. I mentally slapped myself. Damn it, snap out of it Alex.

"Well, shall we head out? I'm driving today." He stated, gesturing towards the front door. I nodded and followed out after him.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "You didn't tell me anything so I decided to go with casual wear. I hope it's okay."

"Casual wear is fine. The place that we are heading to wouldn't call for anything more anyways," he said as he started up the engine. "Just in case you're wondering, I'm 100% sure you'll love the place. Unless you decide to switch the things you like overnight."

"Sure?" I answered a little questioningly. "I'm connecting my Spotify playlist if you don't mind." I fumbled around with my phone as we started to drive out.

"Go ahead. Like I said, you have an interesting playlist."

"Well, I'm a diverse listener." I connected my phone and let my music play.

You know how your life turns into a music video once the music starts? That's exactly how I am feeling now, 20 minutes into our drive.

But somewhere in between our lives and all of time
We can say that we were one
And I was your and you were mine
Cause you're my all time high

I sang in the car while looking out of the window. I was so into my own singing that I didn't realize Nathan was looking at me the whole time while waiting for the light to turn green.

"Stop looking while driving. It's dangerous." I said.

"It's a red light if you can't see. You seem to be enjoying yourself, aren't you sing well too," he replied and that made me blush a little. "Anyway, we're here."

He parked the car and we headed out with him leading the way. Me eyes went wide open when I saw the name of the shop we were about to enter: Furry Hideout.

"You brought me to a dog cafe?!" I squealed. Yes, I'm squealing. Judge me all you want.

"Well, yeah. I thought you might like this place since you watch videos of dogs often."

"How do you know I watch videos of dogs?" I questioned.

"Well, you will laze in the living room with these kinds of videos playing on the TV whenever you are home. It's not that difficult to miss you know." He answered with a smile on his face.

My mouth formed into the shape of an 'O'. So he's observant? Maybe. I'm not sure.

"Come on, don't just stand there. Let's go in," he said as he held my hand and pulled me into the cafe. He's holding my hand, oh my god.

Once we were in, the shop owner shot us some looks of disgust but still attempted to serve us with a smile. It's been a while since we got engaged so I kind of got used to the stares (I think) but Nathan must have caught on because he let go of my hand. Maybe he's not used to it yet.

After making payment, sanitizing our hands, and removing our shoes, we went past the safety gate and I saw dogs running all over: toy poodles, Pomeranians, Shiba Inus. Oh my goodness they are all so cute! 

Yes, I'm excited and there's nothing wrong with admitting it. I'm jumping up and down inside. I'll give it to you today, you can continue to judge me. 

I looked at Nathan, who was smiling ear to ear.

"Looks like you like dogs too," I said while ruffling the fur of the toy poodle.

"I've always wanted a dog, but I've been to busy to tale care of one," he said.

"Well, it's not too late to start thinking about having one now."

"Maybe," he answered, a hint of sadness in his voice as he continued to pet the Pomeranian that was in his lap. I wondered why he seemed a little sad but decided not to ask about it, at least not now. 

Maybe one day he will be willing to share with me a little more about him.

------------------

(1085 words)

A/N: Hey! Just wanted to add in a little note here to thank you if you have been reading the story.

It's starting to progress up and I already have something coming up for the both of them. It ain't gonna be roses and flowers all the way here. So, please stick around with these two and see where all this will lead them.

Is there anything that you like to see in the story? Let me know how I can improve!

Side note, it's really not easy to write a story when you have a full-time job :( I just wanna write but life happens. Smh. Anyone feeling the same way as me?