THIRTEEN.

ALEX.

Oh white ceiling, please answer my calls.

I have been staring at it for the past hour, trying to digest what just went down. I still can't get over it. We actually kissed. Sorry, that's not called kissing.

It was a full-blown make-out session.

I was blinded by lust and the need for him that I nearly went overboard. I shut my eyes in embarrassment just from recalling my actions. Pulling him by the waistband and begging for more. What the fuck was that even?! I even made advances!

I took my pillow and covered it over my mouth as I yelled many inaudible things into it. Oh my god, what have I done?

Everything about the kiss was engraved into my mind. His slightly mint and woody cologne mixed with his sweat. His hands touched all over my torso. Those lips that nearly devoured me alive. Let's not forget about the marks that he left on me.

God, this man knew how to make me keep wanting more. And he dares say that he learned all this from the internet! Like what the fuck? Did he practice on his pillow or something?

Okay, scrap that. White ceiling, that is a question I do not want to know the answer to.

Tossing and turning in bed wasn't going to help me sleep, so I got out and decided to find myself something to eat. Yes, I eat in the middle of the night. Judge me.

I opened the door and-

"GOD DAMN! What the fuck are you doing standing there!?" I yelled, reasonably horrified that there was someone standing at my door. I nearly had a heart attack!

He rubbed the back of his neck, eyes looking down at the floor.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Then go get yourself some warm milk or something. My room ain't a fridge."

"Yeah, sure." Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

"Well? Why are you still standing here?" I questioned, getting a little annoyed.

"I was thinking, maybe. I don't know."

"What is it now?" God damn, this exasperating man.

"I was thinking that I wanted you to sleep with me tonight." WHAT?

"Hold your horses before they run wild." He quickly continued, holding his palm up to my face.

"You'd better explain because my brain is about to malfunction," I demanded. What the heck is this guy thinking?

"I don't exactly know how to explain either. But to put it simply, I feel safe with you." I raised my eyebrow, questioning what the fuck he just said.

"I have never let anyone so close to me before. But you," he took a step forward and it caught me off guard. "You do things to me that even I don't understand."

I gulped down in nervousness. Is this the kind of conversation that we should be having at the door, in the middle of the night?

"Remember how I said I don't do hugs? You literally touched every single inch of my body that was forbidden grounds. And I felt safer than ever."

This guy was still advancing towards me. It didn't help that he was speaking in a low whispering voice.

"So- so what- what do you want me to do?" God, he was so close to me now I could smell his aftershave. How much closer is he gonna go?

He let out a chuckle before taking two steps back. "You're cute when you're flustered like that." Huh?

"Relax, I'm not gonna do anything. Remember, the horses are not running free today. I meant it when I said I felt safe so I was thinking we could sleep together. Maybe you help me finally get a good night's sleep."

"So I'll just lay beside you in bed? Like a normal person?"

"Like what a partner would do." I could instantly feel my cheeks burn up. Thank god it was dark as fuck right now.

"We're not even dating right now," I tried to argue.

"No, but we can start right now," he said as he held my hand. "Alex, I like you. I've liked you since day one, even though it may not seem like it."

"Well, that's good to know I supposed." I was looking everywhere but him. God, this is embarrassing.

He rubbed the knuckles of my hand as he lifted it up. My eyes followed our hands before meeting his eyes.

"Be with me."

I stared at the mad-man in front of me. Is he being serious right now? He's asking me to be with him, in the middle of the night? Is he asking literally or figuratively? I internally shook my head. He is making my head spin from all the questions I have.

"You don't have to answer me now, but I can almost hear my bed calling me to go back." Huh? "Come on, let's go to bed," he said as he pulled me out of my room.

We linked hands while walking towards his room. Even though the distance was not much, I kind of liked it.

He was trying, in his own way.

I may not have answered him but deep down in my heart, I probably already knew the answer.

We entered his room, which roughly matched mine layout-wise. The only difference was he had a huge ass king-sized bed. No, I think it may be bigger than that.

"Why do you have a king-sized bed if you sleep alone?" The question rolled off my tongue faster than I wanted to.

"Because I can?" he stated. Oh right, I forgot was a rich prick.

He climbed into bed and pulled the covers over before patting on the empty space next to him. I took a deep breath before following after him.

I was actually going to sleep with this guy. Is this going to be a regular thing from now?

I rolled onto my side, away from him, because I sure as hell can't sleep facing him. I jumped a little when I felt his hands snaking around my waist, pulling me back a little. His face was nuzzled into my neck.

I guess we're spooning?

"You smell amazing," he commented.

"Well, you did buy some amazing green tea scented soap. I took a shower before turning in, which is something that all sane people do. Isn't that we all do?" I rambled.

"Just say 'thank you' when someone compliments you. You talk too much when you're nervous," he said. I could feel a smile forming on his face.

"Right. I'll try," I mumbled.

"Hey," I said after a while. "Sorry but I'm curious. Did you ever find out where your mother was after you went into foster?"

No answer.

I turned my head and looked over shoulder to find Nathan sleeping soundly, with his arms still around me. Flipping over fully so that I was facing him, I watched as he breathed softly in my face, lips slightly parted. His chest was rising and falling in a steady rhythm. He looked so peaceful as he slept, all relaxed and defenseless.

Guess me sleeping beside him has served its objective.

I adjusted the covers and got myself comfortable. I placed one arm over him before closing my eyes, drifting off myself.

_________________

(1207 words)

A/N: Alex talks to himself very often, which is something I do myself. It's normal right? Yep, its normal xD

What did you think of this part? I do agree that Nathan is trying, in his own way.

But seriously bro, in the middle of the night? Maybe you could have done it during dinner or I don't know, any other time of the day?

Please comment your thoughts here!

See you in the next part!