EIGHTEEN.

ALEX.

My head felt stiff, my neck so weak it was barely holding on. Sweat was running down my forehead as I tried to gasp for air, only to realise that my mouth was sealed shut. I struggled to move my limbs, but to no avail. My legs were strapped to the chair, my arms tied behind me.

My eyelids were heavy and I used much of my strength to open them. Sweat rolling down into my eyes making a task taken for granted more difficult that it should be.

The room that locked me in was dark and dirty, the air reeked of god-knows-what.

Surveying my surroundings, I noted a table was at the other end room, a dim lamp lighting up the area. I saw my stuff chucked carelessly on it, my phone and wallet laying out in the open.

Not the most appropriate thought right now but could they at least keep my wallet nicely in the bag? That cost me my first pay check after working at Nathan's office. Don't really wanna get it dirty.

What day was it now? How long have I been out for? Based on the tiny rays of light shining through the window, it was probably daytime outside.

Fuck, the ropes are tied so tight. It hurt whenever I moved, the abrasions were unbearable. I bent forward the best I could to try and see my legs. Sadly, they were not only tied to the chair but the ropes were connected something. I yanked my arms hard and felt the ropes on my ankles tighten.

Great. There's no way I'm getting out of this chair.

I sat upright once more to take a good look around the room. Any external tool for me to use? Hurray, hurray there isn't any.

Fuck, am I stuck like this?

The sounds of footsteps approached and the door swung open with a bang. My head jolted in the direction of the sound and saw three men walking into the room.

"Someone's had a good sleep," one mocked.

I glared at them, using my eyes to tell them that I was pissed and confused. Really wished my mouth wasn't sealed up right now so that I could shoot them with my snarky remarks.

"Don't worry, you won't be here for long. As long as your cute-ass fiancé gives me what I want," he stated as he dragged a chair and sat down in front of me.

They're after Nathan? What for? Money? So the crazy bitch was telling the truth?

I assume the one that was talking is the ring leader. The other two were just standing behind him like body guards.

"Mmmmm mmmmm!" My words came out all muffled and I hated it. Just let me tell him to go to hell with his plan.

"Ohhhhh you're a feisty little one, are you?" he held my chin and tilted my head up. My nostrils flared with anger. How dare he touch me?

I tilted my head back further and swung it forward, giving him a head butt that he will never forget. The ring leader's head jolted back, the other two men staring in shock.

No offense but, aren't they a little slow to be his body guards?

Ring leader touched his nose, clearly enraged that blood was oozing out.

"You mother fucker!" he hollered as he yanked my shirt. A hard push to the chest came first, a kick with his hard-ass boots to the stomach followed, knocking the air out of my system. The chair stumbled back with me from the force.

"Looks like we need to teach him a lesson boss," bodyguard one spoke up, cracking his knuckles. My eyes were shooting him daggers as I heaved in pain. He's better not do whatever he has planned.