Special #1

Timeline: Between Chapters 21 and 22.

VANESSA.

"I swear to god, you're a fucking asshole." 

Nathan looked at me with a straight face, as if my insults were bouncing back off his armor. "I just don't see how this is going to work out. Maybe you could enlighten me." 

I wanted to throw this idiot out of his 20 story building. "Well, first and foremost, we are here to win your man back. And he happens to be my best friend, I know exactly what he wants." 

"Why does your best friend need a masquerade for him to be with me again?"

"Oh my fucking god," I threw my hands up because this guy was so romantically-cliché-scenes deprived that it was killing me. "Don't you know how to make someone's heart flutter? Flowers? Chocolate?"

He shook his head. "Why do I need to make his heart flutter? He loves me already, doesn't he?"

I turned my head sharply towards his assistant. "Do you have a hammer in this place because I would REALLY like to knock some sense into him." 

She looked at me apologetically. "Trust me, I want to do the same every day." 

Nathan shot the both of us looks. "Hey, I'm right here you know." 

"At the very least, you can hear some opinions about yourself that no one else would ever grow the balls to tell you upfront," I shot back because I was done with being nice to this frustrating person. 

He rubbed his temples, looking more worn out than when I first came barging into his office. "Now, would you kindly tell me why we need to do something extravagant just to get Alex back next to me?" 

"Well, you're rich. That makes it much easier to go all out. And it's because you're rich, so we CAN." 

"You just want to drain my money dry." 

"Or you could definitely go crawling back to Alex's feet but that's a sight no one wants to see," I sassed. " Look, who doesn't like the feeling of being chased? Can't you grow some balls and be the one to take the next step for once?" 

"What?" Nathan looked like he had lost his cards to fire back at me, so your girl here is going to give him the wake-up call he needs. 

"Alex has been the one reaching out to you ninety percent of the time. It wouldn't kill you to make him fall in love with you all over again, would it? Make it rain flowers! Throw him into the spotlight! Make him blush a fiery shade of red! Make him unable to turn his head away from you! Make him use his heart instead of his head!" 

"I don't think he understands," his PA pointed to the person in front of me who looked lost as fuck. 

"Doesn't he already love me?" he questioned.

"Just get me that hammer already!" I cried. "他真的是不懂得浪漫!"

Translation: He really doesn't understand how to be romantic!

"Don't scream out in Mandarin. I only understand half of it!" Nathan scolded. 

"You bitch!" For fuck's sake, he's never gonna understand. "Just get a piece of paper and jot down the plan for now. I've wasted enough saliva on you for today!"

------------------------------------------

A/N: Surprise! Here's a special 'Vanessa's POV' chapter to thank everyone for reading the story! When I first started out the story, getting a few hundred views was already amazing. Now, it's at more than 7k! My mind is blown! 

Thank you for all the support, for voting, commenting, sharing, and adding this book to your reading list! 

I may update some special chapters here from time to time, because why not? Timeline of the specials will be stated for you too :)

Side note, I really love Vanessa for being straightforward and unapologetic.  

See you all soon! 

With much love, 

missdreamx