Chapter 1

Ami was staring out the window when another customer walked in. She lazily punched in their order and clipped it to the wire for the cook, whose name was Henry, and led them to their seat. She was working in a small restaurant now, which was nice for her because it required little to no effort but she still got paid decently because the manager didn't really pay attention. Rachel still worked at her coffee shop but it was a longer walk away now. They were still living together in their apartment and Rachel supported Ami even though she didn't quite understand Ami's spontaneous actions. Honestly Ami couldn't remember why she had left. She knew she had a patch in which she just struggled with her mental health but she deeply regretted leaving the tour. She regretted leaving Josh. She missed him dearly, she truly did, and part of her hoped she'd stumble across him one day again. Still, she knew she couldn't expect him to still have feelings for her. Plus, even if she wanted to go back, the tour had ended. Who knows where her boys were now.

She glanced at her phone, biting her lip. She still had nearly the entire cast's numbers. She glanced back at Henry before quietly picking up her phone. She scrolled through her messages until she came across Ben's. She hovered over the keyboard, not sure what to say, or if to say anything at all. Before she could come to a decision, though, Henry hit the bell to signal the customer's order was ready. She dropped her phone back on the counter and quickly went to retrieve the order. She resumed working, busying herself with cleaning the restaurant. Her phone had totally left her thoughts, being pushed back by the start of their 5:00 rush.

When Rachel arrived, Ami began packing up, grabbing her phone and shoving it into her pocket before grabbing her belongings and hanging up her apron. She and Rachel waved goodbye to Henry, making their way back to their apartment. Rachel scrolled through her social media's while Ami prevented her from running into people and light poles. Rachel gasped, "They're holding auditions for a Mean Girls the Musical tour! Ohhhh I wish I could audition. Can't leave my buddy." She sarcastically wrapped her arm around Ami's shoulders, pulling her into a headlock, "Ohhhhh you're SUCH a hand full!" Ami laughed and shoved Rachel off, continuing her peaceful walk, eyeing their apartment building a block away. Rachel snorted, "Well if you're going to be like that then maybe I should audition." Ami shrugged and pulled out her key as they approached the building, "Go ahead."

Rachel gaped at her, nearly dropping her phone in the process, "Seriously??"

Ok so originally I tried to keep a minimum of 800 words on a chapter but I'm cutting it down to 400-500 in hopes to maybe relieve some stress