Chapter 7

Ami slipped on her taps. They were loose but she didn't mind, for she didn't realise how difficult it'd be until the teacher turned to her and her classmates. A simple flap seemed easy enough but Ami struggled as her loose tap's heel hit the floor. The teacher looked at her with disappointment, "Amelia?"
     Ami looked up at Mrs. Emily, her eyes wide, "I-I'm sorry Mrs. Emily my shoes.." the older lady bent down pressing the toe to feel for the child's feet. When she felt a gap she clicked her tongue, "Amelia tap shoes this loose will not do. I expect you to get new ones by next class."
     Ami looked up at her, "But Mrs. Emily how will I tap now?" The teacher frowned and turned away to examine the other students who were practicing their flaps, "Dance in your socks." Ami frowned but bit her lip, refusing to say more. How would she hear if she was making the correct amount of taps? She supposed she'd have to hope for the best, after all her mum would certainly replace the currently useless tap shoes.
     She felt like a fool. Who got shoes that were too big anyway? Certainly not her classmates, who seemed much more versed in dancing. Ami had just started dancing in general, not having too much knowledge to go off of. The bigger shoes were more Ami's style anyway, she didn't like the way they made the little ones. She guessed style didn't matter in tap dancing though. She huffed, knowing she'd have to wear those weird buckles now even if she thought she'd gotten away with not having to.
     The rest of the class went by smoothly, Ami awkwardly dancing in socks. There certainly was a difference in dancing in socks as Ami observed her classmates. They seemed much more clean and refined while Ami felt clumsy and foolish.
     As the class wrapped up, Ami glumly packed her bag back up, exiting the classroom. Her mother intercepted her at the door, asking her about the class. Ami looked up at her, tears in her eyes, "I don't know if I want to continue tap..." her mother frowned, "Well, honey, I know you're probably frustrated but it's just your first day. You need to give it a try. I'm sure the next class will be much better."
     Ami pouted, "But I don't like it." Her mother sighed, "Well you may not like it but I spent quite a bit of money to get these lessons. And you can't just quit!" Ami looked back up at her mum, sniffling, "But why!?"

Sorry guys I'm having a bit of a family issue. Here's a small update for now.