Chapter 10

Whaaat? Pigeons is baaack?? woahhhh wowww shhh i totally havent been gone for forever whaaat nooooo haha 

Ami and Rachel waited anxiously at the computer, Rachel feeling much more confident about herself after the little pep talk she received earlier. The email could be here any second and both of them were itching to find out what they had gotten. Unfortunately for them though, any second could not come soon enough.
     They hadn't felt this stressed and anxious about a cast list since high school but even then, high school musicals did not compare to a Broadway tour. It was almost as exciting as Broadway but with one extra little detail that appealed to both girls... Travelling! Who wouldn't want to go all over the country? There certainly was no fun in staying in the same old city for so many months at a time. It always felt nice to get a nice new fresh breath of air in a new city and a new theatre.
     Ami laughed to herself, new theatre my ass, most of those theatres were dusty crusty and left you with a stuffy nose or a few sneezes at the end of the night. Still, it always felt nice to be on that stage. She thought back to Newsies, oh how she missed her boys. Though she was awfully dramatic and for some reason people always thought she'd had some traumatic thing happen to her. She didn't know what possibly put the thought in their heads or what compelled the hormone driven teenager writing them to leave so many odd plot holes. I mean what? 
     Anyways, it was so nice being up on that stage. She couldn't wait to share more tour memories but with Rachel alongside her this time, that is, if they both got casted. Ah yes, here comes the anxiety again. Ami held back the nervous habit she had of chewing on her nails. Surprisingly she had some pretty good restraint lately and her nails had grown rather lengthy. Still, she didn't want to ruin how pretty they looked over a cast list of all things.
     Deciding to get her mind off the stress, even if just for a moment, Ami went to grab her and Rachel a glass of juice. It helped, though her mind still lingered on the email that they had been waiting to receive. And then, as if Ami was the unlucky pair of crossed fingers, she heard a shout from Rachel. Everything seemed to go fuzzy as she abandoned the juice on the counter and rushed over to Rachel as Rachel read out the cast list. Ami heard a few familiar names as Rachel went down the ensemble list and anxiety heightened as she moved on to the named roles. Everything seemed like it was about to tip over a cliff as Ami's heart began to ache from pumping so hard until she heard the last few names on the cast list.

Yknow i thought about being nice and not leaving a cliffhanger but im a bitch so haha suckersss. Anyways, I'm so sorry about being gone for so long. Between college and breakups and me getting a new boyfriend, stuff has been hectic. I guess im back though :) Not sure if its for good but I'll try for yall :)