Chapter 3

Ami turned to see Sky himself at the door. He paused when he noticed Ami standing in the kitchen. Rachel laughed awkwardly, "So, uh... hope this is okay with you both?" Ami just about started crying as she and Sky met halfway, hugging each other tightly. Sky lifted her up off the ground slightly, squeezing her like she'd leave him the second she was let down, "I've missed you so much, it was like I lost a sibling." Ami reached up and patted his hair, "I missed you too, Sky." Rachel smiled, "Glad I got at least part of the gang back together." Ami was let down and she smiled at Rachel, "I didn't know how much I needed this, thank you." Rachel waved her arms in denial, "Hey don't thank me, thank him for pestering to come over." Ami glared playfully at Sky who laughed nervously. Rachel's eyes suddenly lit up, "How could I forget!? Gimme fooooood!!" She immediately clung to Ami, leading a Sky to do the same, "Foooooooooood!!" They both said in unison, sounding like zombies.

Ami shoved them off, "I can't get you food if you're clinging to my arms, nerds." They both rushed to the table, Rachel quickly setting out the napkins, plates, and silverware. Ami brought the quiche over, sitting down at the table as Rachel began cutting it into slices, serving all three of them. Ami ate slowly, savouring each bit, while the other two proceeded to devour their slice, immediately going for more (actual reaction of my friends when I made quiche for the first time) Ami laughed, "Y'all don't have to rush, it's not going anywhere." Sky and Rachel nodded and slowed down a bit, starting to make conversation about random things. Ami would listen and chip in every now and again, but stayed quiet most of the time, glad to have two of her best friends with her. It was nice, knowing that she didn't have to bother Sky just to see him again. She wondered if this was the universe telling her something. Suddenly the topic of the tour came up and Sky said he'd already sent in his tape. He was excited, hoping to get back into dancing again after a break from some previous show he was in. Rachel perked up when he said this, "I was thinking of auditioning, actually! I haven't been on a stage in forever so I'd love to get back out there for a change." Sky nodded, and encouraging her. Ami bit her lip, "What if... I auditioned?" Both of them turned to look at her, eyes wide, and as if they were the same person, they both asked in unison, "REALLY???"