Chapter 2

Rachel gasped, "You'd really let me leave you like that??" Ami smiled, "Yeah, who am I to stop your dreams?" Rachel grinned but it immediately dropped as she scooped Ami up in a hug, her 5'9 raw strength easily picking up the 5'3 woman. Ami patted Rachel's head, "Seriously, don't make a big deal out of it." Rachel pulled away, "But I don't want to do it without you... please? You're so talented.."

Ami frowned, memories of the Newsies tour coming to mind. How much she missed Josh and her boys. How much she missed being out on that stage no matter how much she thought she wasn't good enough and no matter how much her anxiety gnawed at her emotions. She desperately wanted to be back out there but she didn't know if she could do it again without the three people who meant the most to her, aside from Rachel of course. Ami smiled sadly, "I don't know..." Rachel returned the smile, "Think about it? We've still got a bit till the audition tapes are due." Ami nodded, but both of them knew what the answer would probably be. Ami hates the fact she was seriously considering though. What if she ran into Josh again? She knew she wouldn't be able to handle the guilt of disappearing on him just to reappear out of nowhere. And how could she explain herself? She felt the anxiety bubbling in her stomach, the possibilities near mentally drowning her. She just didn't know how she would be able to handle it. Then again, they could still be friends? What if Benjamin was there? And Sky? She felt a pit of longing in her stomach for her friends and subconsciously pulled out her phone.

She shook her head, "What am I doing?" She decided to work on dinner for her and Rachel instead of pondering. She was trying to avoid making mistakes now, and she wasn't sure if trying to contact her old friends was a mistake or not. She silently prayed to whatever god was out there that they'd send her a sign, give her an answer. She decided on a quiche tonight, knowing Rachel wouldn't mind a little breakfast for dinner night. She pulled out the pre-made dough and began working, mixing cream and milk, jumping back and forth across the kitchen. Once again, the thought of contacting her old friends was past her, and she felt at home, singing to herself and moving around the kitchen.

Rachel came in as Ami slid the quiche into the oven and began cleaning up the slight mess and clutter around the kitchen, "Oooh quiche! Hey, just so you know, it was last minute, but I invited a friend over for dinner. I haven't seen them in a while so I thought it'd be nice." Ami nodded, "Good thing I went with quiche then. Want me to make some lemon tarts for desert?I have extra dough." Rachel's eyes lit up, "Oooooh yes please!!"

Ami laughed and got to work, taking about another 20 minutes or so for the tarts (I have my lemon tart recipe but i dont remember how long it takes so just Uh... POOF?). She threw them in the fridge to set before pulling the quiche out and making sure it was fully cooked and then setting it out to cool. She dusted off her hands and cleaned up the last of everything, finishing right as a knock sounded at the door. Rachel rushed over to open it and Ami paused once the person spoke...