3: Working steady

"Captain... don't tell me..." Visha muttered as she held tightly on both her hands together while trying to process what she had just figured out from her Captain's true intentions.

Tanya closed her eyes, slowly placing a hand on her chin as a wide sinister smile bloomed right over her serious frown.

"As I told you... she's the devil in the form of a little girl." Lerhgen quoted his explanation of Tanya.

Still, the commander was quite shocked by Lerhgen's point of view on the young child. It was just unbelievable for him.

Too unbelievable.

"Well, if this is all... I'm off." Lerhgen said as he began to stand up and take his leave.

The commander nodded while trying to look over all the documents and papers on the table above the map and a few chess pieces holding it down.

"Is she that horrible..?" The Commander mumbled as he placed a knight over the side of the frontlines.

"Commander! I'm sorry to interrupt but it's bad news!" Norman came rushing in with a few deep exhales for air.

"What is it?" The commander asked as he tried to hold Norman up from falling frontwards.

Norman's words almost echoed on the commander's ears. It was unbelievable, yes.

"Perhaps she might be..." He mumbled under his breath as he tried to calm Norman down beside him.

"Captain! H...hoe could you..?" Visha muttered as she tried to stay composed.

Tanya rolled their eyes as she turned around to glare at Visha who quickly took their words back instantly.

"You are dismissed." Tanya said while waving a hand over her shoulder.

Visha clutched her hands together as she walked out of the tent. She knew she had to make sure the young child will give her mercy.

Tanya liked Visha for her so-called 'she is trying hard' quotes.

Tanya somewhat liked that spark if Visha was able to keep up the pace of being a human shield for her. All that she'd need is people to be able to shield her while she was at it on her job.

Didn't matter if the person was a bit of a ruckus player, as long as they met her expectations, she was fine with it.

Tanya looked around her surroundings to make sure nobody was looking, before taking out a sheet of paper she had saved for and dipped the quilt into the small jar of ink and began to write.

It's been around three years or so since I was forced to get into action here in the warzone when the fatherland was falling deep into lack of soldiers and mages,

Tanya wrote down and dipped the quilt again when it was going faded.

She smiled sadly as she remembered her and Tania's wish. After finishing with a period on her small letter to place in one of his bags.

She tugged slowly by her right arm to caress the scar they held their promise on. The scar resembled a lot more than just a small remembrance, it resembled their only ticket to each other to make sure they were who they were when they meet again.

"Captain Tanya?" A call made Tanya freak out for a quick second as she tugged forcefully on her right sleeve and abruptly turned around to look at the tent opening.

"Yes?" She said.

"It's me! Commander Adbujin!" It was the first Commander.

Tanya stood from her seat and made her way towards the tent to meet him outside, she saluted and they began to discuss things out.

"I see..." Tanya pondered as she looked over the map, the knight and rook towering down the side of the frontlines.

'This is slightly bad! I should've just kept my own mouth shut...' Tanya scolded herself mentally as she agreed on everything the commander kept on talking about.

There was no taking back of what she just said in their last meeting with the other commanders and lieutenants.

"Is that all, if I may ask?" Tanya spoke after the commander was finished with his long dialogue for the defense planning.

"That will be all." The commander said before dismissing the private meeting altogether.

Tanya let out a sigh mentally as she began to make her way back to her tent with a tired expression for everyone to keep their distance away from her.

Her small body and petit face made her expressions very visible for everyone to understand easily which also gives it a big risk if she were to break character.

....

"This woman..." Tanya muttered as she made her way over to Visha who was falling low on her rest.

Soon enough an explosive bullet was shot towards her.

Tanya didn't make it in time and stood beside her.

"If you can't keep up! Get back in the safe zone!" Tanya scolded the older one who felt determined just by his own negative words.

Visha declined and quickly rose up to try and help the company she was placed on to show she was still able to do it.

Tanya smirked under the jacket as she rushed over to shoot at the enemies.

The enemies were fighting a losing war, that's what Tanya already understood by the time she took actions into her own hands when the plan advised to them was madness.

She, of course, made sure to stay in the line while she was breaking the rules of the plan lead by the commander of the mages before her. It wasn't her fault the man was flabbergasted when she was able to grab success on her own hands.

"You're going to be transported soon." The commander said as he stared down at Tanya who nodded at his statement.

Tanya didn't have much until she was going to ride the train to the city where she'll be soon working alongside the general.

She stood outside the safe zone of the hellish frontlines and waited patiently for the train to arrive. She didn't even get to say farewell to anybody and just decided it was better off that way instead.