18: a late conversation before a private meeting about her

A giggle and Tania covered her face on the pillow.

"So what did you write on your bibliography..?" Tania asked.

"Specific things..." Tanya replied.

Tania laughed, holding the radio tight as a light tap from the wet floor soaked the soles of his shoes.

"Ah! Oh dear..." Tania hummed as she immediately recoiled her shoes back up from the wet floor.

"What's wrong?" Tanya asked from the other end.

Tania smirked as she stared up at the dark night sky,  the moon far from the side.

"I've been doing some work lately." She said before letting her legs hang loosely on the half-burnt wood.

"Work?" Tanya asked.

"Yes, work. The work I need to do if you want me alive." Tania grimaced.

Tanya sighed before asking again.

Tania laughed.

"Ok, ok... I just accidentally tapped both my shoes into the light puddle of blood from the soldiers in front of me." She specified more clearly.

"A puddle of blood from soldiers???" Tanya said in surprise.

"What puddle of blood? What did you do???" Tanya asked.

"I killed the soldiers who were trying to who knows what." Tania smirked.

Tanya grumbled on the other end, she wanted answers, very clear and specific answers.

"Tani... I want a specific answer." Tanya insisted.

"Give me a specific answer to what you wrote down on your bibliography first?" Tania protested.

...

Tanya chuckled while tapping lightly on the desk with a pen.

"I wrote...things that happened in the orphanage up to where I joined the army as a mage." She replied.

A quick static and a laugh came from the other end, tickling her sides to giggle.

The night hanged loosely as she glanced at the empty paper infront of her with a calm look.

"Wait, don't tell me you wrote that time where we did something horrible did you not??" Tania asked from the other end, causing Tanya to chuckle from amusement.

"No way..." Tanya said.

"Oh thank goodness, I swear we would be known as evil or something." Tania laughed on the other end.

...

Tania hummed as she listened to her twin's laughter on the other end before looking over to see a small glint of light coming closer.

"Oh, hang on... I think I'm getting spotted, I'll call back again tommorow night." She said as she hopped on top of the nearest tree.

...

"Alright, goodnight." Tanya said before yawning.

"Goodnight too." Tania said before hanging up.

Tanya sighed and made her way to bed after finishing her report. She was supposedly going to pass the report to the Colonel General, von Wragell.

Though, the man didn't trust her that much, she was waiting for her response of the decision from their very last meeting long ago, in which she wants to decline yet still decided to take her time to think twice about it.

.....

The meeting was held and it was way too peculiar of a meeting too.

The adjudant general faked a cough to grab everyones attention.

"Alright, now what is this that you wanted to discuss luitenant colonel Lerhgen?" Marchese asked.

Lerhgen stood up after fixing his glasses and raised a white folder infront of him.

"I have some concerns for one of the mages." He began.

"What is it that suddenly sparked your interest in a mage?" Zettour asked without consent from anyone.

Lerhgen felt a sweat run down the side of his face when he opened the folder.

'This is it... this'll get rid of that devil once and for all.' He thought as he scanned the bibliography once more since last night's review over it.

It's quite surprising he's doing this isn't it? Hush... it's part of the story, and so it's best to go with the flow or hate me in the comments.

"What sparked my interest is that she doesn't have a certain history of who they are. I don't want to rude, but...I believe we have a spy in our base, and she has gotten enough information to give way to the enemies." He continued.

Everyone in the room gasped and began to mumble to each other.

"Luitenant colonel Lerhgen, what are you implying here and who is this mage you are talking about?" Captain Treizel asked as soon as he rose up from his seat to protest against Lerhgen.

"Again, I will apologize on being crude... I believe that Tanya Degurechaff is a spy." Lerhgen said.

This made everyone more shocked by then.

"I detest your beliefs, I need proof of her being as such of a spy." Zettour said.

Lerhgen nodded and began reading out a few things from the white folder.

"I was found in the orphanage by the elderlies there and was taken in as Tanya Degurechaff."

"In the orphanage, I was raised and well cared as much as they could offer."

"After only a few years I joined the military to seek refuge for someone dearly for me on the other side."

Lerhgen went on and on, before he gave way to explanation.

"All of these events lead up to lies and truth mixed together into one bibliography of hers."

Captain Elmer Ahrens rose up and protested even more on Lerhgen.

"Are you saying she's telling lies in her history back in the orphanage??" He yelled.

"I must say...you can't assume someone as a spy because of the lack of history behind them." Maxiliam said.

Lerhgen hummed.

"Indeed, but that is where it all can point her out as an absolute well trained spy." He said.

Everyone felt the tension rise even more when Lerhgen spoke again.

"In the bibliography of a writer that visited the orphanage Tanya was raised." Lerhgen began as he took out another folder from the side.

"It is written here that there were not yet a single record of anyone being named Tanya or a child having her description ever existing, and yes, a reporter had asked her where the orphanage she was kept in." He continued further.

"Both her bibliography and the bibliography from the orphanage do not match which makes her seem to be a spy, no child in such a young age would act like that if they really weren't supposed to act like that by someone more powerful than her." He further continue more.