17: Taunted for answers

"yes?" Tanya responded.

The man let out a relieved sigh before a question immediately came about.

Luckily the ones that were stalking immediately left in which they weren't caught red handed. I mean it would've been weird for adults especially them to be staring at Tanya's every movement.

"I came to ask you questions!" The man said.

"I'm sorry, but I don't really think we have the time for that." Tanya dismissed the man.

"I don't care! I want answers!!!" The man insisted.

Tanya frowned as he glared upon the man who had first yelled at her, interrupted her, and most importantly went inside her office without a warning.

Tanya declined.

The man insisted but was shut down by her when she declined again.

The man stood there as Tanya continued to put the items she took out back in the box along with the radio hidden under the sheets of white shirts.

"Is it because of her?" The man said, making Tanya stop dead on her tracks.

"I know about that..." The man said.

Tanya turned to look at her, eyes filled with suspicion and fright.

"You know about what?" She asked with a stern tone on her voice.

"About you...and her..." The man began.

"You were nothing but bad luck, that's why she left you." The man scowled.

Tanya stared at the man who slowly walked out of the room with a quick slam on the door.

She took out the radio from under the clothes and pressed the button.

"Hello~" it responded.

"Hey," Tanya said.

"Oh? Is something wrong?? You sound sad." The radio responded.

"Did you...leave me because I'm bad luck?" Tanya asked, her eyes feeling teary as she gripped one of her empty hands into a fist by the desk.

The wind from outside the building loud and clear when the trees danced immediately from it.

"What kind of question is that?? Ofcourse not!" The radio responded.

"Oh... I just wanted to make sure..." Tanya's eyes were seemingly tearing up.

Before she even knew it, she cried without her consent.

"Hug the bear...when I get home, I'll give you a hug." The radio said.

Tanya sighed and wiped her cheeks with her sleeves.

"Damn...he really gave you a mentally weak body for a small handicap when you're on the verge of tearing up." The radio commented.

"We can talk every night hours around eight, because right now I'm just having my free time and they're coming back soon..." The radio spoke before it ended abruptly with a quick beep boop.

Tanya sighed before sniffling a bit as she stacked a box onto another to leave the office and move it to her personal sleeping quarter.

As soon as she reached her room, she placed the boxes down to open it with her key.

"Major Degurechaff!" A yell rose.

It was Schugel running towards her.

She immediately opened and took the box in before shutting and locking the door behind her.

Schugel sighed. He still thought Tanya was afraid of her.

'That damn scientist! I'm not a lab rat to play around with!!' Tanya thought as she placed the boxes down once more before deciding whether she should leave by the door or window.

She wasn't in a room where it was three stories high for now atleast. Infact it was just two stories and there was also a tree she can just hop over on to get down much easily.

Still, it would be risky if someone saw her doing so.

She laid down and peeked under the door. Nobody was there. She made sure of it and stared a bit more, she was met with a person's shoes infront of the door and three sharp knocks.

Tanya quietly but quickly stood back up and thought twice whether she should open it or not, until an idea popped in mind.

She pretended to run to the window and opened it before shutting it back down hard and loud. She heard yelling there after.

"Ah!? Did she just jump out from the window!?? Crap, we need to catch up to her!!!" Before it was followed by stomping which became faint.

Success for her.

Slowly opening the door, she peeked left and right before mentally sighing as she locked the door behind her before walking away. Her job must go on and she had a meeting soon, surprising for such a young age to get promoted in such a young age really.

'When can I talk with her again..?' she thought as she turned a corner, passing by a door which displayed loud yelling.

'Ahh... right, eight or something...' she chuckled before opening her office door.

Visha greeted her before giving the needed report.

"I see... the meeting is now canceled..." Tanya hummed before opening one of the reports from her subordinates.

"There's...also a small thing the general wants to ask too." Visha said after dusting herself from kneeling infront of one of the dusty shelves.

"Oh? What is it?" Tanya asked as she took a sip from the cup.

"Something of concern of your...other relationship with any relatives." Visha said.

Tanya choked on her coffee and wiped her lip with a finger when she stared in shock at the second luitenant.

"Relationship with any relatives..?" Tanya repeated.

Visha nodded.

"I..." Tanya hummed.

"I see..." She sighed.

"Since he didn't want to bother you too much with a private meeting, the general decided to give you the papers to fill out your informations down." Visha said while pointing over the small yet thick white folder.

Tanya frowned as she dismissed Visha out.

The files were maddening.

"Dear me...why..?" She mumbled as she flipped on another to glance at.

It needed her to fill out her early life, starting from the orphanage she was found 'til the part where she is now.

Grumbling she wrote down only specific things she needed.

'I was found in the orphanage by the elderlies there and was taken in as Tanya Degurechaff.' she began writing down.