27: it was a bigger surprise than you thought

Tania felt a nerve grow as she let Lerhgen hold her hand. Lerhgen didn't want to hold her hand but they both had no other choice. It was very annoying for both.

...

"Woah!" Koenig muttered as he tried to balance himself back in the small ladder.

"Careful!" Visha said as she held the ladder better for Koenig to stand on.

"Sorry," Koenig chuckled.

"This is a party to acknowledge major Tanya's work in the fatherland, make sure the decorations are fine." Maxiliam said before walking off when the soldiers saluted him.

The place was big, infact it was as if they were doing a ball except the soldiers will be wearing their uniforms in the party. Everyone was invited, the higher ups, the soldiers and mages that took part in the war, and their families together with them.

The room was well lit by large chandeliers with the room being neatly decorated here and there for the up bringings for the guests.

"Is the catering done?" Maxiliam asked over the hired chefs which smiled and opened up a conversation with the general himself.

"It's going well and smoothly!" The head chef said.

"Great." Maxiliam said before he smiled back in response of relief.

...

Tanya fumbled around her office, looking around to see nothing was missing.

Sighing she sat on her desk and looked over to only white folder on her desk.

Opening it, she was met with an invitation.

"What?" She hummed as she read the whole thing top to bottom.

An invitation for her? It was an invitation for her military accomplishments, yes.

Sighing she stood up and closed the door, leaving her office to go back to her sleeping quarter to get herself ready.

She had to wear her uniform to get in.

...

As soon as Tania saw the large building, she stood her place and stared over at Lerhgen who gave a confused look.

"What's wrong, major?" Lerhgen asked.

"You really shouldn't refer to me as her." Tania shrugged before taking her hand off of Lerhgen's hold.

Tania carressed her left wrist for a quick second before walking off on her own.

"No, wait! Major Degurechaff!" Lerhgen called out.

Tania didn't listen and stared at him. Sighing before following suit behind him instead.

Somehow, she was confused for as her Tanya.

Everyone chattered with Tania, she gave specific answers to keep her identity low to the ground.

"How about you use one of the spare rooms in the back?" Zettour said while pointing up the seemingly large flight of stairs.

Tania mentally grumbled and began making her way up and inside the closest empty room, before locking it behind her.

Sighing once again, she unbuttoned her grey coat and tossed it on the bed before patting her white shirt and neatly while tucking it inside her black pants. Her belt clicking for a quick second before she folded her collar more neatly when she opened the window to hop outside the room.

'The place will be filled with a lot of guests, right..? Maybe I should just mingle around the crowd and while I'm at it, I won't talk to anybody to make sure they don't notice me.'  Tania thought as she yawned and sat behind the building.

There was a small private locked off garden that wasn't of use of the building or moreover not in use yet since there was a long white clothe covered table with a variety of food on them and some tables and chairs scattered neatly everywhere.

"Maybe I should just mingle with them until she comes over, I guess leaving hints for them makes it clearer for them that I'm not Tanya." Tania said as she ran a hand on the closest table.

Sighing, she hopped up the tree and back up on the window she came out of. Closing the door behind her after getting in and closing the window, she walked out and looked around the long classy styled hallway.

Whistling quietly from amazement of the place, she fumbled on her side pockets to find her radio. It wasn't there.

"Oh! Can't forget that!" She pondered as she walked back inside her room to retrieve the radio.

Taking it out of the left side pocket of the grey coat, she jumped a bit when it made a noise.

"Hello?" It was Tanya.

Tania smiled.

"Hello! What's up, baby bro?" She glimmered back.

...

Visha meekly laughed when a joke was cracked in the conversation.

"Well, I'll go check up on captain." She said before walking off.

Maxiliam nodded her off as she made her way up the stairs to meet her 'captain' for the party to begin later.

Tanya was suppose to entertain the guests before the big surprise for her is suppose to happen. It was no longer a surprise, knowing Tanya was informed of a surprise for her.

Visha paused when she heard a laugh, muffled by the seemingly thick yet thin walls of the hallway and the closest empty room she stood a few steps away from. Infact the door was ajar open.

There was talking and the sound of a radio static like voice responding to each sentence.

Peeking by the small cracked open door, she stared at Tania's back.

"Come on now, baby bro...tell me where you are and I'll catch up to you." Tania said with a quick chuckle.

There was a laugh that came from the radio before a little girl's voice pressumed next, "no way, you're going to try and kill me for not doing one favor that almost killed you in the war zone."

Tania scoffed and whined outloud in an exaggarated tone.

"How dare you." She joked out while exaggarating her every movement when she gripped her empty left hand mid-air to show anger and disappointment.

"Are you exaggarating yourself again?" The radio replied.

Tania laughed.

"Maybe." She grinned while holding the radio a few more inches closer to her grinning expression.

Tania smiled when the sound of grumbling followed suit from the other end of the small one handed radio.