37: what is the answer? lover or sibling?

"What is it, captain?" Visha asked.

"No wait, that's not right..." Tanya mumbled before asking a different question.

"Was there anything that stood out? Perhaps a weapon?" She pondered.

Visha meekly smiled.

"Well...there was nothing in her hands since it was tucked inside the coat." She answered.

Tanya hummed before asking, "can I trust you, if I were to leave for a quick minute or so?"

"Of course, captain!" Visha said in utmost respect.

Tanya acknowledged her for it before rushing it out of her office.

Visha gave a flustered look when Tanya rushed out of the room.

'That's...so unlike her...' she thought as she glanced around the open folder on top of the desk.

'Was it a very important person or someone she really liked..?' Visha chained her thoughts together as she glanced around the file before flipping it to the next page.. but as soon as she did so, a knock came followed along from the door.

"Who is it?" Visha called out.

"It's first luitenant Erya!"

Visha relieved a quiet sigh when she realized it was just her friend.

Opening the door, Erya greeted her with a quick yet tight hug after saluting each other. It almost choked the living daylight out of Visha for a second there.

"What brings you here?" Visha asked after Erya walked inside with a document in hand.

"Came to ask the Major questions but it seems she's busy today... seeing how she was rushing out of the building and meeting up with someone around her age.. and now that I think of it..." Erya said before placing the document down.

"It looked like a boy!" Erya said.

"Eh!?" Visha jolted up.

Erya immediately hushed her down.

"I mean...the kid who seemed to be around Tanya's age wore clothes that were usually worn by boys and the kid had a scarf which hid their face, almost completely!" Erya said before yanking Visha by the arms.

"Do you know what this means?" She whispered.

Visha gave a flustered look.

"No? What is it?" She asked.

"The young boy could've been..." Erya whispered quietly as she glanced around the perimeter and by the windows.

"Could've been what??" Visha whispered from anticipation.

"The young boy could've been the Major's young lover! Like childhood boyfriend and girlfriend!!" Erya whispered.

Then, there was an abrupt slam of the door opening and a loud commotion followed next.

"Major has a boyfriend!?"

"Major's been dating???"

"Major is in love?!?"

Erya and Visha stared at the small pack of flustered men that was in the open door.

"When were you all standing there..?" Visha mumbled a question over the men who quickly fixed their demeanor over the two ladies.

"Just the part when first luitenant Erya whispered something related to Major Tanya." Grantz answered.

"Just as soon as Erya whispered something about the Major out loud but what do you mean Major has a lover???" Weiss asked.

"Isn't it a bit early for her to be dating?" Neumann pondered.

"Wait, did you see the young boy that was by the gate?" Erya asked.

"Do you mean the kid who wore a coat and hat?" Weiss said.

Erya forced a wide smile.

"Yes! Yes, that kid!" She said.

"I want to follow the bot for more information!" Erya said before exasperating a wheeze.

"Really? Can you keep me updated if anything comes up from the major?" Visha asked.

"If you can all cover me that is!" Erya said.

"Cover you?" Koenig asked.

Erya nodded before pointing over to the document on Tanya's desk.

"That's right, there is an empty document that Major Tanya has to fill up... there aren't any personal questions about her in it but questions related to her work on the war zone, no this won't be published in any of her documents, but yes, Adalbrecht wants to see what she was back in the warzone, don't exasperate anything and make sure it's on the Major's point of view." She said.

They all nodded in agreement before Erya smiled and grabbed Weiss by the hand.

"Where are we going??" Weiss muttered.

"You're coming with me of course! They won't believe my words if I don't have someone they trust to speak it!" Erya smiled before they turned a corner.

...

"I can't believe you cut your hair..." Tanya pondered as she fiddled slightly on her older twin's back hair.

Tania laughed.

"I didn't cut all of them silly! I just cut the back where it won't need to do a ponytail on because it's been getting annoying." She said while patting her younger twin's shoulder.

Tanya smirked.

"Now everyone won't think we're twins but siblings." She said with a stifled laugh.

Tania chuckled.

"Don't worry, baby bro! We'll get our hair cut in the same style when you're on your weekends!" She assured the younger one who just laughed and messed slightly with her hat.

Tania smiled as she yanked her younger twin closer by the upper hip.

"Wow, you're getting more confident." Tanya joked while placing an arm around her older twin's shoulders.

"Well," Tania snickered.

"I did sneak over the borders still on an enemy uniform, and hey, I almost got caught!" Tania whispered.

They both turned a corner, passing by a few open shops here and there as they walked through the city streets.

"Honestly, how did you manage to make a living here??" Tanya whispered.

"I stole money and burned the enemy clothes I was wearing after I changed into some formal attire that I was carrying the whole time when I was sneaking in." Tania whispered back with a cheeky grin.

Tanya stifled a laugh.

"You're insane!" She chuckled.

Little did they know about them being followed from behind.

"They seem to get along quite fine but I can't hear what they're saying." Erya whispered over to Weiss who nodded and began to lead the way closer yet keeping a distance of getting spotted.

"Ah! They turned around an alleyway!" Weiss whispered as soon as he spotted the two kids turn around and walk to a dead end.

Erya gasped.

"Do you know what that might mean?" She whispered.

"What?" Weiss whispered back before getting yanked by the hand.

"What are we doing here?" Tanya asked with an amused tone.