45: hi, I'm Vess and I'm now officially a prisoner of war

Tania walked in after opening the jail door. She met Vess' frightened eyes.

"Hello, Vess." Tania said while closing the door behind her.

Vess flinched over the tone that was on his former superior's voice, it felt petrifying to listen to.

"Letting you off with a fair warning wasn't enough wasn't it?" Tania asked while sitting on the chair she left empty for the whole two days after her last visit.

Vess hesitated sitting on the opposite end that faced Tania. Still, she was waiting patiently for him to do so without going physical on him.

"I really thought you could change, knowing my sister would probably want someone who helped me all the way to live." Tania said under her frown as she exasperated a quick sigh of disappointment.

Vess furrowed his brows while averting eye contact from the child.

Tania hummed while leaning her head to the side in a childish manner.

"Not going to look at me, Vess?" She asked while tapping lightly on the table with one finger.

Vess gulped before hesitantly turning his around to look her in the eyes. Tania immediately smiled back when he did so.

"Good boy." Tania said before quietly chuckling.

Vess pursed his lips shut to keep himself from trying to shout or say anything that would get him killed.

"Say, Vess...why aren't you talking?" Tania asked while leaning back on her chair.

Vess continued to stare in fear of what might happen if he did something wrong.

Tania sighed and stood up from her seat, slowly making his way over to Vess who tried to maintain full eye contact to keep her from going physical on him.

"Why aren't you talking, Vess?" Tania asked while leaning a tad close to his face with a serious and petrifying expression.

Vess continued to keep his lips pursed.

"Come on now, I didn't cut your tongue, Vess." Tania said while pointing a knife in front of him.

Vess began to slowly hyperventilate when she did so.

"Vess," Tania began while slowly dragging the sharp edges around his throat.

"Talk." She commanded.

"Y..yes, Tani..." Vess uttered out under his becoming hyperventilation.

"Good! Now we can get on with the discussion today!" Tania cheered under her malice filled smile as she rushed over to sit back down on her chair.

"What was your reason for trying to kill Tanya?" She asked.

Vess clutched his empty hands tight in the eye contact.

"To get..rid...of you..." He mumbled in fear.

Tania sighed.

"Is that so?" She asked while leaning over a hand.

Vess hesitantly nodded in honesty.

"Why?" Tania continued.

"Because..I...I..hated you..." Vess mumbled back as tears began to fall down his cheeks when Tania frowned at him.

Tania continued to stare at him, it was petrifying, frightful, and perhaps merciless too.

Time was somehow irrelevant at this point as Vess began to suddenly sob uncontrollably in front of Tania who continued to stare at him.

Even the two soldiers who were assigned to guard Vess felt terrified of what might be happening inside.

"I'm sorry." Vess said between loud sobbing and cries.

Tania hummed while standing up as she made her way over to Vess who began to cover his face in cowardice.

"There now, you poor thing." She continued while patting Vess's head.

Vess continued to cry before getting a blow to his face his hand wasn't able to cover.

"Now shut up, you're irritating, Vess." Tania said before giving another blow to his chest.

Vess coughed up dry air from his lungs and quickly covered his mouth from crying aloud.

"Back on discussion, I'm here to inform you of great news, Vess!" Tania said after sitting back down on her chair.

Vess whimpered softly while holding his aching face.

"W..what is it?" He muttered out.

He didn't want Tania going physical again, does he?

"You'll live a very long life!" Tania said with a big ear to ear smile.

Vess lit up a bit. A very long life? Wow.

"Behind bars." Tania finished.

Vess's small excitement immediately disappeared when she finished her sentence together. He knew he'll be stuck here if Tania wasn't going to help him.

In fact, if Tania did decide to help him, he'd be out of the mess he's in and will be out and about trying to fit in with the new society he'll have to live in.

But no, he wasn't going to get any help from Tania at all.

"Behind...bars..." Vess mumbled while looking down on the table.

Tania charmed a smile as she stood up and made her way over to the door.

"Oh, and one more thing, Vess." Tania said while opening the metal door.

Vess hesitated to look over to Tania.

"Have a wonderful life here, I did just for her." Tania said before walking out and closing the door behind her.

Vess's lips began to quiver before he screamed in anguish as he cried aloud from his failure. Each scream almost echoed inside the prison cell he was in and each one got more desperate and melancholy.

Tania whistled a small tune as she wore her coat back on and walked out of the place.

'It's quite sunny today.' she thought while walking down the streets.

She glanced left and right, looking here and there. Shops open and bright in the postwar.

'I wonder when the next war takes place...the federation thingy is so hard to understand here.' she thought as a very young child ran by her, hitting a ladder in the process before abruptly running again.

Tania hopped to the side slightly when he heard something heavy fall and liquid splash down on the ground.

"Oh." She hummed when some splattered on her coat.

"Sorry, young miss!" The carpenter said while waving his gloved hand in the air.

Tania looked up and waved a hand back at the man before walking off as she fumbled around her right pocket.

"Now where did I place that knife..." She pondered quietly while making her way over to the hospital.