34: attempted murder with a small gamble

"And hey, I'm actually here to kill you." Tania said with a wide grin as she stared at her younger twin who backed up by the nearest wall.

"W...what..?" Tanya mumbled as she tried to process what her older twin said.

Tania mischievously chuckled as she walked towards her younger twin with hands raised mid-air.

"Ready to die a second time?" She teased.

Tanya felt sweat drop by her face as she tried to stammer herself out of the mess. As soon as her older twin lunged at her, she tried to yank herself away before shoving.

Tania caught her by the hands though.

"It's too late." She sneered off before prodding Tanya's sides.

There was a burst of laughter that came from the room as Tanya tried to stifle it down.

"Hahahaha," Tania laughed as she let her younger twin fumble around trying to get away while laughing uncontrollably.

"Stop! Stop it!!" Tanya stammered between laughter while still fumbling around.

Tania didn't care if she was getting smacked or carelessly getting kicked, she wasn't letting her go.

"You stupid--ahahahh! Cheater!" Tanya continued to laugh while trying to pry herself away.

Even though Tania wasn't going to stop until she had gotten the exact vengeance she wants to fulfill.

"Come on, what do you say to big brother to make her stop~?" She teased while prodding Tanya by the sides.

"Aarrgh!!! Get off--hahahahahha!" Tanya stammered between stifling laughs.

...

"There's a lot of files and reports recently, and they're all not even from the war zone..." Koenig said as he held the small stack of files in both hands.

Neumann hummed while watching Visha's meek smile.

"You know, I'm kind of confused about how you're still alive, first luitenant Serebryakov." Neumann pondered.

Visha gave a slight yet obvious shriek. She was confused.

"Ahahahahh...well, I think I got used to what captain likes and hates. So I've just been following a set of rules I saw around her." She said while turning a corner with the others.

"Ah! Guys!! What a coincidence for you all to be here!" Grantz called out to the other three that was getting closer.

Weiss chuckled.

"What brings you two here?" Koenig asked.

"Well, we don't know when Tanya's birthday is correctly, right? We don't know when God might also take her so I and Grantz thought of surprising her, and we've also got cake. Also, I'm glad you're all here, we can surprise her." Weiss said as he opened the box he held in both hands to reveal a pristine cake.

"Ah! You're surprising her???" Visha said as she glanced at the cake inside the box.

"Why? Is something wrong with surprising captain with a cake?" Neumann asked.

Visha shook her head in denial.

"I just don't know if she's in a good mood today or not, because...back in the party held for her, she seemed sad for some reason when she was left alone in a table, she looked as if she was looking for someone who was never coming to the party." Visha said while frowning slightly when she saw the sudden image of Tanya sitting alone in a table.