51: gotchu

Tanya sat there, just peace and quiet, right?

Nope.

She freaked out for a quick second when Tania popped up from the tree hanging upside down while smiling.

"Gotchu." Tania chuckled before hitting her head on the ground when the branch snapped.

Tanya chuckled over it.

"How stupid..." She commented.

Tania smiled while sitting up.

"Funny you say that when you yourself ran off!" She said.

Tanya flinched and immediately averted eye contact.

Tania hummed.

"What happened to you there though?" She asked.

Tanya didn't answer.

"Tanya?" Tania called out.

"What if... I'm the one who dies and leaves you alone instead of you the one dying and you leaving me alone?" Tanya asked.

Tania blinked a few times from shock.

"That's not really gonna happen." She said with a deadpanned tone on her voice.

"It scares me to think I sacrificed myself that time." Tanya said while resting her chin on her knees while hugging herself tight.

Tania rolled her eyes before saying, "well, duh, that was from how much of an idiot you were to not use the dang radio."

Tanya laughed.

"Ok, I really am the idiot, huh?" She said.

Tania laughed as well while standing back up.

"Alright, get up, idiot." She said.

Tanya rolled her eyes and stood up before lightly hitting the side of Tania's head in amusement.

"Ow! Hey!!" Tania frowned while rubbing her aching head.

"You fool..." Tanya said under a sigh as she began walking off.

"At Least try not to climb trees and drop on the ground like a foolish person." She continued.

Tania laughed while catching up with her.

"It was better than jumping towards you, right?" She said while placing an arm around Tanya's shoulder.

Tanya smiled while brushing the arm off of her back.

"Please be more precise with what you do, Tani. Who knows what time you'll be a complete hooligan." She said before turning her heel around a hallway.

Tania hummed before saying, "does that mean everything has to be kept a secret even though it's like the postwar or something?"

Tanya sighed.

"Of Course it has to. I don't want people giving me weird looks because of you." She said.

Tania raised a brow while placing her hands on her waist.

As soon as they made it close to their shared office, she jumped on her.

"What the---!!? Hey!!" Tanya stammered while keeping a firm hold on her older twin's sudden antics.

"Why are you so shy??" Tania cooed while reaching a hand towards the handle to open the door.

Tanya growled while prying herself away as she closed the door behind her.

"You nuisance of an older brat!" She hissed.

Tania exasperated a gasp to that.

"No way!" She pouted while crossing her arms together after letting go of Tanya.

Tanya dusted herself off as she gave her older twin an accusing glare.

Tania hummed as she watched her younger twin sit down on her chair and take out an empty piece of paper.

"Seriously though, you've never said no to hugs..." Tania whispered after standing beside her younger twin's desk.

Tanya sighed loud and clear back.

"Is there something bothering you more than your nightmares and theories??" Tania asked while leaning her head slightly to seem like a dog hungry for a treat.

Tanya hummed, pausing on her work before saying, "no, that's not it."

"Oh? Then what is??" Tania asked.

"It's about the bombing somewhere in the north." Tanya said.

"What's a bombing got you worked upon?" Tania asked while taking the piece of paper her younger twin took out.

Tanya paid no care to it and fiddled slightly on her right arm.

"It felt strange how I had to feel frightened over it." She said before she continued with, "I felt agitated that it has something to do with Being X and his stupid plans."

Tania hummed.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked.

"What I meant is from how he can just do anything he wants without a problem." Tanya said while placing a hand on her temple.

Tania stared.

"Are you seriously worrying over that?" She asked.

"I mean... We can do almost anything we want without him being able to do anything about it!" She continued while placing a hand on Tanya's head.

Tanya groaned.

"Are you scared of dying?" She asked.

"You know everyone dies, Tanya." Tania deadpanned.

Tanya chuckled.

"I know that but... Are you scared?" She said.

Tania shook her head in decline.

"How about you? Are you scared??" She asked.

"No." Tanya said.

"You've changed, Tanya." Tania said.

Tanya smirked before saying, "so did you."

There was silence over Tania sitting back down on her desk with her younger twin going back to work.

"You lazy bonehead." Tanya said after a quick glance over her older twin's lazy posture.

Tania rolled her eyes whilst saying, "better than being a literal workaholic like you."

"Am I a workaholic??" Tanya asked.

"Nope." Tania smiled.

Tanya frowned upon that, glaring fire back, she sighed and went back to her work.

Tania smirked from her small victory.

"Funny how time can go on with us finally getting to be together and yet, you're getting way too preoccupied with work." She said.

Tanya grew a nerve.

"How about tomorrow? Once we finish our workload, you can ask me about almost anything you want and if you catch me suddenly working, you can boss me around for it." She suggested.

Tania gleamed in excitement to that.

"Really!?" She exclaimed.

Tanya nodded after charming a smile.

"But if you embarrass me in people's eyes no matter where we are, I'll kill you." She growled, making Tania raise hands for mercy.

"But are you sure I can ask you about almost anything?" Tania asked.

"If you keep it professional, yes." Tanya said.

"Professional?!?" Tania shot up and placed her feet back down on the floor.

"We can't skip on our work hours, Tani." Tanya chuckled while fumbling a bit around her drawer.

"But how am I supposed to ask you on anything??" Tania frowned while taking a glance at her silver ring.

THE END