Chapter 20 - The Show Must Go On

John Samson set up the meeting like Brian requested and called all the partners which had grown from four to a group of ten.

"Gentlemen, I thank you for accepting the invitation to discuss the present and future of our operation. Let me start out by saying that we all lament Mr. Walker's passing as he is the man who showed us the way to build the lucrative enterprise we run today. We will miss him greatly," said Brian making a pause of silence in memory of Mr. Walker.

Changing his tone and the look on his face, Brian proceeded, "Ok. We have a business to run here and I hear that some of you are concerned that everything will go to shit now that Mr. Walker is no longer around to provide guidance." Brian took a pile of printed reports and slapping them on the table, he continued.

"Let's take this week as reference. In just one week, our transactions have increased by 12%, we have added two more financial experts to our finance team and we have acquired 20 new accounts. All of this while we have maintained our commitment flawlessly with our current customer base. Do you know why this is so?

"This was all my idea. I'm the one who went to Mr. Walker and convinced him to help us make this happen, as John Samson is my witness. I had the ideas and he confirmed if they were possible. This is my dream, and I swear to each of you that I will never stop living it. There is nothing that Mr. Walker knew about our business that I don't. He was like a father to me and he ensured that I inherited not only his money, but his knowledge, his influence at the Federal Reserve and hedge funds as well as all his trade secrets."

His audience were shocked to hear that the origins came from Brian's own ambition and not Mr. Walker's.

Greatly inspired, Brian resumed after a brief intentional silence, "One of the greatest mentors in history once told a young man by the name of a dear friend of mine. Let no man despise thy youth, but be thou an example of the believers. So I tell you tonight. Believe in me!" he shouted as he raised his hands "Believe in me!" With that brief speech, he gained their approval that night to take Mr. Walker's place in the organization. They had to. Mr. Walker didn't share anything with anyone, only Brian.

Continuing the façade, Brian was promoted in the HEG payroll on December 31, 1990 as an Executive Director of Supply Chain. He elaborately continued to perfect HEG's distribution and storage methodology of illegal merchandize, while greatly contributing to making HEG one of the most highly reputable companies. He traveled constantly to all HEG locations, large and small, to ensure each facility adhered to the highest quality standards.

One of the many programs he started at HEG was the PWDP -People With Disabilities Program. He knew what it was like to be different in a system that would swallow you whole if you allowed it, so he started the program seeing opportunity where others saw burden. It didn't take long for HEG to have a considerable nationwide pool of workers with all sorts of disabilities. These employees were not only positively impacting the company's image, but improving the work culture with their punctuality, reliability and most importantly, loyalty.

To make his point, Brian had HEG award a 2-week cruise to the Bahamas for the top 200 employees with the best attendance and punctuality every quarter. As expected, most of the employees on that ship had some type of disability and Brian would grin every time. People appreciated being given a chance. To show that they are not less worthy. Brian certainly took advantage of that.

With visible HEG success, there was no problem continuing the frontage and ascending Brian to President of Operations three years later. He continued to grow the company in any legitimate business area he touched while also sky rocketing the profits in the money laundering and underground banking sectors which he called the black ops.