Chapter 10 - Mischevious

Brian's favorite game was FBI agents – breaking into empty apartments finding clues and collecting evidence in an attempt to crack America's toughest cases. He and Timothy came up with their own methods for testing and recognizing similarities in the modus operandi of America's Most Wanted. A truly gut-wrenching game full of action and adventure. But one that served as the introduction to the dark world. Seeing what people left behind after moving out, provided Brian and Timothy with front row seats to view just how scary and strange were the people of the world.

Thank goodness this pair were "smart" enough to protect themselves with gloves in every investigation. They learned to handle certain items with great care like used condoms and needles. Playboy and other similar magazines soon became the literature of choice and they amassed quite a collection. It seems that drugs, cigarettes and alcohol were not the only addictions in America during the 80s.

After many solved make-believe cases of mass murderers, rapists, devil-worshipers and bank robbers, Brian decided it was time to escalate the excitement to the real world. For months they performed a stakeout on two Colombians who had recently moved in to the biggest apartment in the complex. These guys definitely fit the drug dealer profile. Timothy was responsible for keeping a log of their Colombian suspects' daily activities, while Brian's task was to decipher their drug dealing patterns which would lead to their connections.

One Saturday afternoon during their usual weekend guard, they saw the pair leave the apartment.

"Now's our chance to break in there and take a look at their operation quarters. Let's go!" said Brian.

They rushed to the apartment and noticed the front door was unlocked. How lucky. They immediately walked in. Surprised to see no furniture, only an old dining table with beat up chairs, they made their way to the kitchen. On the bar they saw two one-gallon jugs filled with quarters. They looked at each other amazed as if they had just struck gold.

"Ok we're taking the quarters as evidence Special Agent T," said Brian jumping in joy.

Staring at the quarters, Brian made a quick calculation in his mind. He was so good at arcade games that he would last at least one hour with one quarter on most games. If he spent a whole day at the Super-Trac arcade, that would be approximately eight quarters. Eight quarters times six days equaled to forty-eight quarters per week. He had to go to church on Sunday's unfortunately. There are fifty-two weeks in a year so that meant there needed to be 2,496 quarters in each gallon jug, one for him and one for Timothy for each day. Brian's eyeball park figure was about 3,000 quarters per jug. He naively jumped some more, not realizing that if the Colombians walked in, it could cost them their lives that very instant. Fortunately, they got over the quarters and refocused.

"Man these fools have nice clothes and a nice car, they wear gold watches, but their apartment is a shit hole!" said Timothy.

"Agent T, please don't curse. Remember your momma will slap your big mouth if you do." Brian paused and stared at the quarters again. "We're so fuckin' lucky! Ok curse all you want" said Brian laughing.

"I can't believe all they have is quarters. I know there has to be more stuff here," said Brian desperately looking around to find something more typical of drug dealers.

They went in the room and were even more disappointed to see only a very ordinary, old mattress on the floor. They checked the bathroom and found a couple of tooth brushes and a half empty tube of toothpaste. Also next to the sink was a salt shaker.

"Let's check the closet!" said Brian while slowly opening the closet door, pretending to be stealthy. "Damn, check this out man!" he shouted.

A pile of an assortment of high caliber guns shined like a lost treasure. The pile included fully and semi-automatic assault weapons, but it was the gleaming 12 gauge gold plated pump-action shotgun with pistol grip that caught Brian's eyes. He reached down and held it in his arms. "Wow. Look at this baby. I think I'm in love dog."