1

Dr. Brenner sat in his chair looking over the paper filled with descriptions of kids he currently had in the lab. He ran multiple tests on everyone everyday. All day long, even until midnight. He never stopped. It was important that he knew everyone's abilities and limits. Though it seemed more like an obsession rather than a science experiment. He didn't mean for it to be seen a tortuous but it was.

Especially for one kid, he tested on the kid non-stop. He knew that she was powerful, but she didn't show it enough so he pushed her to her limits, overused the small girl until she could barely breath. Her powers were a bit more powerful than her. At least that's what it felt like.

PATIENT NAME:                    BAILEY

NUMBER:                                  010

POWERS:                          FIRE AND TELEKINESIS

HAIR:                                          BROWN

EYES                                        BLUE

HEIGHT:                                        5'3

AGE:                                                  13

It was like the man had memorized everything from this list. She was the closest he had to 001 in a way.

"Go get ten. She has important things to do today." Brenner ordered the lab workers who stood behind him in a straight stance. They stood quiet and ready for his orders. And with the given order, the two men both walked out of the room and headed over to 010's room.

They walked past all the numbered doors, down the long hall making a stop at the last door.

They opened it up to see the small girl in the corner with her knees to her chest. It was the only thing that kept her comfortable, it made her feel safe. The sound of the door opening alarmed her. She quickly looked up when the door opened, shaking  her head while scooting back into the corner even more than before. Bailey couldn't get that far because she eventually bumped into the wall. She hated leaving her room.

"It's okay.." The man tried calming her down. But she knew it was a lie, it was never okay outside of her room.

They were all secretly nervous, Bailey was dangerous and didn't necessarily know that, but the men did. They remember Brenner's words.

She's dangerous, but be careful with her. She's fragile.

"Come on." He said whilst trying to touch the girl's hand, she flinched. Without trying to, she unintentionally made her hands light up in small flames that produced just enough heat to defend herself. There was no going back; feeling the heat radiate from palms. So she pushed her hand forward making fire release around her. It was like a protective gate that surrounded her, the men backed away quickly.

Bailey stood up the walked through her fire force, the girl wasn't affected by her own fire as she thought she would be. She learned that the hard way.

In fear, the men backed away even more. Holding out their hands in defeat.

Noticing the door that was left open, she had one split thought. Without thinking, the small girl ran past the men, running out of the door as fast as she could.