4

Mike took a white sheet down to his basement and cut 2 little circles into it. Bailey got up to look at what the boy was doing, she found what he was doing weird but she still watched with her eyebrows furrowed.

She was still limping, just a little, but she recovered. "What's this?" She asked the boy and he looked at her "it's for you, you are going to be a ghost for Halloween" Mike said with a slight smile. "what's h-halloween?" She asked and Mike looked at the innocent girl.

"It's a holiday where you dress up as anyone you want to be" he said and she nodded "I'm a ghost?" She asked and Mike nodded. "Yea, it has the same theme as our costumes and you won't get caught" mike said "caught?" She asked confused.

"Yea, caught by the bad men" he said and her eyes widened a little. "but this will help you hide your identity, they won't know it's you so no one will hurt you" Mike said and she nodded.

"Ready? The boys are supposed to be getting here pretty soon" Mike said and the girl nodded, that was basically all she could do. She wasn't used to talking to people who didn't force her to use her powers. She was only used to people who made her use her powers almost every hour a day.

"Okay, you have to sneak up to the front with Dustin and Lucas, so they can act like you're another friend of mines" Mike said and she shook her head. "I'm scared" she said and Mike looked at the girl. "I promise, no one will take you, I'm going to be there after I answer the door" Mike said and she nodded.

Soon the basement door had and knock and Bailey quickly threw on the sheet finding the holes in the sheet and looking threw them.

She hid behind Mike as he answered the door.

"Hey Bailey, remember us?" Dustin asked and she slowly nodded "Yea, just come with us and we'll keep you safe" Dustin said.

The girl looked at Mike and Mike looked at the girl and he nodded "you can trust them" Mike said "okay" Bailey said and she walked out to the boys and held on to Lucas out of fear while they walked to the front.

Mike closed the door quietly and waited for a knock on the front door. A couple seconds later there was a knock and Mike started heading upstairs, acting as if nothing ever happened.

His mom had already answered the door, he was right on time. "Hi Lucas, Dustin, and..." Karen didn't know who this mysterious kid was under the white sheet.

"Bailey" Mike said from behind his mom making her turn around "mom this is bailey, she was new to the school, she just moved here" Mike came up with his lie on the spot and Karen nodded with a smile.

"That's sweet of you guys. Well, hi Bailey, welcome to Hawkins Indiana" Karen said and they all looked at Bailey "thank you" she said and the boys sighed and relief, glad that she didn't say anything wrong.

"Ok mom, we'll be leaving now" Mike said while walking in front of his mom heading out of the house. "Ok, well, be safe guys" she said "we will mrs Wheeler" Lucas said and Mike closed the door and went by Bailey's side.

"See? That wasn't scary, you did a great job" Mike said and bailey nodded while looking at the boy. She didn't like the fact that all she did do was nod. But that was all she did because she still wasn't comfortable enough with talking.

Mike then handed the girl a bag and she looked at it, confused to why he had handed her a bag. "It's for candy, in Halloween you dress up as someone or something you want to be then you knock on strangers doors and say 'trick or treat' then boom, you have free candy" Dustin explained to the girl.

Soon it was the sound of multiple honks making Bailey jump. "It's alright" Mike said and they turned around to see Will in the car with Jonathan. The boys all waved, Will then got out of the car with a camera and his bag and they started walking, their mission for trick or treating has started.

-

Mike knocked on the door and they all said 'trick or treat' even bailey, she was getting the hang of everything. It was fun to her, she was also getting more comfortable.

Mike smiled at the girl with a nod. The door than opened and they all looked at the lady with wide smiles. "Well aren't you cute...the little exterminators and a ghost" the lady said making the boys furrow their eyebrows.

They then took hand fulls of the candy and walked away with Bailey following behind Mike. "If I get another 3 musketeers I'm gonna kill myself" Lucas said. "what's wrong with 3 musketeers?" Dustin asked. "what's wrong with 3 musketeers?" Lucas asked in an 'are you serious' tone.

"No one likes 3 musketeers" Mike said. "yeah, it's just nougat" Will agreed, explaining his reasoning. "whoa, just nougat? Just nougat is top 3 for me" Dustin said. "top 3?" Lucas asked in disbelief. "top 3" dustin said proudly. "oh god, give me a break" Mike said.

Bailey had no idea what the boys were talking about but she just followed along watching her surroundings, looking at the costumes everyone around her was wearing.

Suddenly someone popped out of the bushes with a Michael Myers costume making the boys scream and Bailey backed away while hiding behind Mike. Her eyes started watering quickly but she instantly calmed down once she saw a girl. She was still shaken up, but calmed down once she noticed that the boys recognized the girl.

"Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces" Max said "and you? Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl" Max said to Lucas and she started walking away.

She soon turned around noticing that no one was following her. "hey, you guys coming or not? I heard we could hit up loch nora, it's where the rich people live, right?" Max said and she continued walking making Dustin and Lucas run after her.

-

After leaving to house that gave the kids full sized candy bars Max, Dustin, and Lucas walked ahead while Mike, Bailey, and Will stayed behind.

Bailey watched as Mike looked at the group in front of him, he didn't look happy. "You're not happy?" Bailey asked while touching Mike's shoulder. "no, she ruined what was supposed to be the best night ever" Mike said "best night?" She asked confused. "Yea, we were supposed to have fun...but she ruined it" Mike said and looked to his left to not see Will.

"Where's Will?" He asked Bailey and she looked over the other side and her eyes widened. They started looking around for Will. They both wondered how the boy disappeared.

-

"I don't know....just please don't tell the others, okay?" Will asked after explaining what he felt about the visions he had been recently having. "they won't understand" Will then added. "eleven would" Mike said while looking over at the tent seeing Bailey look through all her candy confusingly.

"She would?" Will asked "Yea, she always did...sometimes I feel like I still see her, like she's still around, but she never is...I don't know, sometimes I feel like Im going crazy" mike confessed. "me too" Will said. "hey, well if we're both going crazy, then we'll go crazy together right?" Mike said to Will. "Yea, crazy together" Will said with watery eyes.

edited