2

Dustin, Lucas, and Mike all sat there, staring at the girl while she slept. They knew it was a bit creepy but they couldn't believe their eyes.

"This is mental, again at that" Dustin said and Lucas agreed "the last time we did this we almost died...are you sure you want to do this again?" Lucas asked and Mike nodded   "Girls with powers seem to love you" Dustin said in a jokingly way and Lucas nudged the boy while Mike ignored his comment.

"She needs help, and maybe she can help us find el" mike said and Lucas sighed "I don't want to get killed.." Dustin said "Dustin we aren't going to die" mike said.

"We have to hurry, Will is probably waiting" Mike added and to the boys nodded. Mike ran up stairs to the kitchen and grabbed eggos, of course he wanted to see if she would also liked them too.

"Mike?" Karen called for her son. "I just got eggos for Lucas and Dustin!" He yelled back to his mom, coming up with that lie easily. "okay" she said and Mike went back down to the basement and put the eggos on the cover next to 010.

"Let's go, we'll check on her after school" he said and the boys nodded as they exited out of the basement.

-

Bailey woke up finding the eggos next to her. She had never seen such a thing. She was used to something like, oatmeal, or cream of wheat. Sometimes things worse.

She touched it being confused to what it was. She picked it up smelling it.

"Food.." she whispered to herself. She opened her palm letting fire be released lightly, she warmed up the eggos then started to eat them. She raised her eyebrows at the taste. They were okay. She liked them, but not loved them, but she was grateful.

-

The boys were all worried about two things the whole time they were in school. Mad max, who took on the new score, who were they? And 010, what is she up to? Did she get caught?

Will didn't know anything about El because he didn't get to meet her, but the boys told him a lot about her, and this was going to be Will's first time experiencing life with someone like El. He was nervous because he knew about the powers and how I may lead to something big like it did with El.

-

The boys were all on break, looking at the new girl. Bright red hair, skateboarding, and minding her business unlike the boys.

"There's no way that's mad max" Mike said. "yeah, girls don't play video games" Will said. "yea, how do you score 750,000 points on dig dug-it's impossible" Mike said. "but her name is Max" Lucas said. "so what?" Mike said. "so, how many Max's do you know?" Lucas asked.

"I dont know" Mike said. "zero, that's how many" Lucas said, proving his point. "yeah, she shows up at our school the day after someone with her name breaks our top score, I mean are you kidding me?" Dustin said. "exactly, she got to be mad max" Lucas said.

"And plus she skateboards, she's pretty awesome" Dustin said. "awesome? You haven't spoken a word to her" Mike said. "I don't have to, I mean look at her-shit I've lost the target" Dustin said as he looked back to the spot where the girl was to find her gone.

"oh there" Will said gaining the boy's attention.
Max threw a crumbled piece of paper in the trash making the boys run to the trash to see what it was. Mike trailed behind because he was not as interested in this girl as his friends were.

Once they got to the trash Dustin dug in it while the boys covered him up. He got the paper and un-crumbled it. They all read the note out loud in unison. They grew slightly in embarrassed that she called him out, before they could say anything they were interrupted.

"William Byers" the boys heard and they all turned around. "your mothers here" the principal said and Will went with the principal.

The boys walked up near the front; hiding behind the wall looking at Will walk over to his mom.

"You guys think he's okay?" Dustin asked. "he's always weird when he has to go" Lucas pointed out. "I don't know. He's quiet today" Mike said "he's always quiet" Lucas said.

-

Once Mike got home he rushed into the basement. He went to the tent to see the girl looking through a book. He instantly relaxed know that she was still where he left her. She wasn't in trouble or she didn't get caught.

"Bailey, I'm back" mike said, remembering the girls real name. She looked up and smiled softly at the boy.

"Are you hungry?" Mike asked the girl and she shook her head "I'm fine" she said and mike was surprised. He didn't expect her to talk. He expected less words and more head nodding or a simple 'no' or 'yes' like El used to do.

He went to sit next to her and she looked at him.

"So, you can talk" Mike said and she nodded "papa teaches me" she said lowly and Mike knew that 'papa' wasn't a good person.

He had more experience, he just thought of her as El, but she just knew how to say more words, and she has more hair. She wasn't exactly like El, that's for sure.

"Well, I'm mike, short to Michael" he said with a smile "Michael..." Bailey repeated and he nodded.

"Yea, and you could be called bails, short for Bailey" Mike said and she nodded.

edited