#9: Jimin

We laid next to each other in a comfortable silence, neither of us talking. I think we were both processing what we just did. Two strangers in intimate acts but it didn't feel weird.

Well not to me.

It was hot, passionate and neither of us held back as we lost ourselves into each other. The pleasure had completely replaced any other thought that I had, and I was pretty sure that he felt the same way. He not only gave me the distraction I desperate needed, but made me forget about my insecurities completely. Not once did I feel the need to hide my body. Just by his touch I melted, and as if it was an instinct, I adhered to his every command.

Every...one...

When it was over, I half expected him to leave and sleep in the other bedroom. When he didn't, I caught myself smiling.

Jimin's hands were softly playing with my hair, and every few minutes he would place a soft kiss on the back of my shoulders.I wasn't really sure what to say, I didn't really want to talk about why I needed a distraction to begin with. I assumed he would ask, but I didn't need to think about it for very long because Jimin surprised me with a different topic.

"I have been best friends with Taehyung since high school." He started off letting out a sigh. "I spent way more time at his house than I did in my own. Even more time with his family. It was the only escape I had from my parents. According to my dad I was spending too much time on my computers. Of course, he thought I was looking at porn or playing games. Even though that was right about 30% of the time, what I was really doing was looking at design schools. I would look at YouTube tutorials about web design and the ins and outs. He works in the medical field and helps contractors build mechanics for surgeries. Like laparoscopic type things. He wants me to do the same thing."

"But you don't want to do that." I replied softly after he paused long enough for a response.

"That doesn't matter."

"Why?"

"Because all that matters is carrying on the successful Park family name. My grandfather was a surgeon and its expected that I carry on in the same way. I much rather had gone through engineering school than medical school. I was able to sneak in some design classes and web building courses between the engineering ones. So I'm at least slightly educated."

"So when did you move in with Tae?"

"It was the year after I started college. I was trying really hard to convince my dad to let me double major, so I had a backup. I tried to play it off as if I was just trying to have a second option in case the first one didn't work, and all he said was, 'If it doesn't work then you failed, I didn't raise a failure.' There was no talking to him."

As he spoke, I rubbed the arm that he had draped over my waist. "That sounds really hard."

"It was." He sighed. "It got to the point that I couldn't be around him or my mother. They were insufferable. They were paying for my education, so I caved. I just did what they wanted me to do."

"There were no other options?"

"Not really." He laughed, kissing behind my ear. "Not when you don't want to be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Students loans are a fucking joke."

I laughed. "You're right, they are."

"So I had no choice."

"I'm sorry you felt trapped." I whispered, then kissing the top of his arm. "I can't imagine the kind of pressure you were under. At least people will assume you're smart." I finished trying to lighten the mood.