#16: First Date

"Noona, had I known where we were going, I would have dressed up more than this. Or I would have matched you. You look amazing."

"Jimin you look great. It's perfect." I said squeezing his hand. I turned to him before we walked inside and I couldn't help but notice him swallow thickly. I stopped our steps and pulled his arm so he would look at me. "If this is too much, I'm so sorry. We can come back-"

"No, no!" He said, taking my other hand and kissing me on the lips. "No, it's not I'm just really nervous, but I'm more excited."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you."

We turned back to the front door and walked it to see the receptionist at her seat. When she looked up and saw me, her eyes sparkled and she smiled. "Eonni!"

"Hey!" I smiled, as she came around her desk and hugged me.

"Who is your good-looking friend?" She asked winking at me.

I laughed and turned to see Jimin smirking at me. "This is Jimin. He is joining us on our lunch date."

"That is so cute. Mr. Kim will adore him!" She said clapping as she jumped up and down. A small gleam caught my eye and I reached out to grab her left hand.

"Did he finally ask?" I excitedly yelled too loud.

"He did, and I said 'yes.'" She giggled.

"Finally." I replied letting her hand go. "He did good too."

"Oh yes he did." She replied looking at Jimin. "Take note." She said flashing her ring to him.

"Oh my god." I laughed.

"Alright, your dad is waiting for you in your normal spot." She smiled. "You know how to get there."

Before I moved, I unconsciously gripped Jimin's hand a little harder and asked the question I always asked when I get here. "Is he lucid?"

Her face fell and there was a new sadness to her eyes. "He hasn't been lucid all week. I'm so sorry." I nodded and felt Jimin give me comforting squeezes.

"It's okay." I smiled. "Thank you and congrats again!" I waved as I started to move towards the outside door.

"Thank you! Have a great lunch!"

Jimin and I made our way out of the lobby of the facility and started walking toward the flower garden where I could see my dad with his nurse. We walked over in silence until we were face to face with my father who was smiling at me."

"Hi." He said, making me want to cry instantly. Not sadly, but happy that he seemed so happy.

"Hi, dad." I greeted him. "This Jimin, he is going to be joining us for lunch is that okay?"

"Of course! Nice to meet you Jimin, my name is Jae." He said standing and shaking Jimin's hand.

"It's very nice to meet you sir."

He then turned to me. "Remind me of your name again."

I felt the same drop in my heart I always felt when I had to reintroduce myself. "Y/N."

"I have a daughter named Y/N." He smiled. "She's beautiful too." Jimin smiled at me, making me smile back. "Come sit with me. Matthew here was just about to head back to the office."

"Will you be okay by yourself?" He asked.

"We will be fine. I have your phone number if anything is needed."

He nodded and said his goodbyes leaving Jimin and I alone with my father. We sat down with him, his smile never leaving his face. "How have you been?" I asked, taking hold of his hand.