Chapter 4

(Y/n) POV

After a short trip we arrived at the city where the Necropolis was said to be located. The town itself was rather dead though. We didn't see anyone and the building were all broken down and abandoned.
"We'll start my gathering intel on King and then Necropolis. We also need money to feed ourselves. OK, let's get ready for business." Meliodas said.
"You're seriously gonna fun the bar, Captain?" Meliodas asked.
"He's seriously cute when he's working!"
"You guys are gonna work, too! Start attracting some customers, jumbo billboard girl!"
"Me?!" Diane asked with stars in her eyes.
"You cook up some tasty grub, jailbird cook!"
"Oh, who me?"
"Are you sure you want this guy handling our food?" Hawk asked.
"I want to be sarcastic and say it's just skillfully made, but is genuinely tasty." Meliodas answered.
"Yeah, I don't know about that."
"What are you talking about. You're a great cook." I complimented. "So anyway, what do you want me to do?"
"You have an important job too." Meliodas said with a smirk. "You're our new waitress which means..." he pulled out the waitress outfit. "You have to wear this."
"Seriously?"
"Go on try it out. If you need help changing I wouldn't mind helping."
"I don't need your help." I replied and then suddenly Diane grabbed Meliodas.
"Captain, you made me the billboard girl! I'm so, happy! Thank you, Captain! I won't let you down!"
"I know you'll do great... that reminds me, Ban! The pantry's in the back." We all looked to where Ban once was to find him nowhere in sight.
"He just took off?" Meliodas asked.
"That's so Ban." I sighed. Elizabeth, Meliodas, and I went inside the tavern while Diane remained outside attempted to draw customers in. Despite what Meliodas wanted, I did not change into that waitress uniform, Elizabeth wears. It's really not my style.
"So, Sir Meliodas, (y/n), how would you describe King?"
"Let me think... in a word, he's kinda like the Seven Deadly Sins' mascot. Our pet, I guess?"
"That's a little rude don't you think." I giggled.
"Hey, no pets allowed!!! What's the big idea, keeping livestock in a dining establishment?" It was silent for a moment before Meliodas spike.
"Ever heard the word irony?... oh speaking of King, there was this one time when Ban was totally into collecting plushies."
"Plushies?"
"King sobbed away all night. Then around morning as Ban was starting to snore happily he returned all the plushies to their owners."
"Wait I remember that. He stole mine too so I had to get him back."
"Sir King seems a little odd, but he sounds like a kindhearted man."
"But it also means Ban is an even bigger jerk then I already thought. I bet they fought all the time." Hawk said.
"What makes you say that?" Meliodas asked. "King and Ban were always joined at the hip."
"Yeah, but that was only because King always had to clean up Ban's messes."
"I guess. But when it's all said and done they were a good team, you know?"
When we realized no one was coming we all went out in search of Ban. We found him outside fighting with what I'm guessing was King and two little kids were also there hiding. Before Ban could attack King again Meliodas jumped up and hit him on the behalf with his mug.
"C'mon Captain butt out!"
"What's the big idea, skipping out of work?" Meliodas asked.
"What's the big deal? That pipsqueak I've never seen before picked a fight with me. He ruined my sweet threads."
"Hey, what's all the ruckus over here?" Diane asked before turning to face King.
"King!!!" Ban's face remained calm for a second before the realization hit him.
"Oh what planet is that King?!"
"Well... maybe he lost a lot of weight?"
"A little weight?! And that ain't even the issue!!"
"King, we've been looking for you! I'm so happy to see you again!" Diane winked.
"King! Long time no see! I'm so happy I get to see you again." I smiled. Instead of saying anything he just turned and flew away. It was strange that King reacted like that. I wonder why he was ignoring us. I didn't do anything did I?"
"All right, eat." Ban said offering a buffet of food to the two kids. After King left we bright the two kids down to the Boar Hat to enjoy a deliciously cooked meal made by Ban.
"That smells amazing." Elizabeth said.
"I said he was the best." I said.
"But we don't have any-."
"If you won't eat it, I'll give it all to the pig." Ban interrupted.
"We're eating!!!" The kids said in unison while Hawk cried in sadness.
"It's the best food I ever had! Thank you so much!"
The boy said.
"It's time for some give and take, alright. Tell me everything you know about this Necropolis place."
"What are you doing Ban? Finding King was our mission so there's no point in going there anymore." Meliodas said.
"No way in hell that little pink is King!"
"Trust me that's really him." Meliodas said.
"I think he's a fake."
"Nope it's really him."
"He's a fake!"
"So you guys are trying tot get into the Necropolis too?" The little boy interrupted. "That boy has asked us questions about it a lot and he told me he had to find it no matter what."
"King said that?" I asked.
"He told us he'd been looking a long time for it."
"So it's actually here in this run down place?" Hawk asked.
"No, but it's not far away."
"Then where is it exactly?" Elizabeth asked.
"The entrance to the Necropolis can be found here in this hamlet. But it's not a place you can reach just because you want to."
"Look man, riddled have never been my thing."
"Oh I get it, so what you're saying is..." Meliodas began tying a stick above Hawk with food on the rope. "It's something like this."
"You're too cold Meliodas." I said sighing.
"Is it a grave that's normally hidden or something?" Meliodas asked.
"It's not a grave at all. They say the Necropolis is a land where people go when they die."
"Are we talking about the after life?" Meliodas asked.
"How can we reach a place like that?" Elizabeth wondered.
"Wait, you don't mean Purgatory do you?" I asked
"Yes. It's something like that."
"If you share with the dead your precious memories they will lead you where you want to go. The man next door used to say that to us all the time." The little girl explained. "I'm sorry but that's all I know."
"That tip just made for your food and then some. Seriously thanks a lot, Elaine." Ban said while patting the little girls head.
"My name is Ellen."
"Oh right, I'm sorry about that Ellen. Now eat there's still food on your plate."
"Kay!"
"I didn't think you were so good with kids, Ban. It's actually kind of cute."
"There are plenty of things you don't know about me."
"So anyway, I'm guessing we should head out." I said. With that we left the Boar Hat and walked back into town. Elizabeth talked about how she would have loved to meet her mother before she died but that obviously meant she was going to lead us anywhere. As Elizabeth and Hawk continued to converse I noticed something about Ban. He looked like he was in thought and remembering something. All of a sudden the dirt turned into a field of beautiful pink roses. Elizabeth thought she caused it but I knew it wasn't her, no it was Ban.
"(__)! Look at all the flowers!" Diane said with a smile.
"Yes. There quite beautiful." I bent down touching one petal gently and all of a sudden all the flowers petal where being blow in the air by a gust of wind and spun around us.
"Hey you guys!" The little boy called. "Be careful!"
The wind grew more fierce spinning the petals around so they trapped us in a tornado of sorts. When they disappeared we were in a place where the sky was green and for miles all that could be seen was crystals, this was it. The Necropolis.
"How did we get here?" Hawk asked.
"I don't know. My mind was totally blank." Meliodas said. They continued to talk but my thoughts remained on Ban. He looked like he was looking for something or someone. Not to far away in the distance I notified a small girl with short blonde hair and a long white dress floating above the crystal. Before I knew it, Ban was running away towards her direction.
"Ban!" Diane called.
"Hold it!" King yelled appearing from out of nowhere to follow Ban.
"What's going on?" Elizabeth asked.
"Captain, what do we do?"
"I guess we'll run after them for now."