Chapter 24

3rd POV

"The king's gonna give us all medals?" Hawk asked.
"Yes! He insisted on giving them to the Seven Deadly Sins and (y/n)! Of course, that means you, too!"
"Well of course. I am the shining star of this bunch."
"Thanks for waiting guys!" Meliodas said. "Tada! I look good, huh? It would make an awesome new uniform for the Boar Hat, right?"
"Yes it would!"
"Where'd you get that outfit?" Hawk asked.
"Actually it was a gift from Elizabeth.
"I thought you could wear it at the medal ceremony."
"I, too, am all set to go." Gowther said dressed in a new outfit. He wore black pants with a blue belt, a long grey coat, and a short white shirt with a red bow. "Sparkle."
"Who the heck picked out that get-up for you?" Meliodas and Hawk asked at the same time.
"That would be my sweet beloved, of course."
"Beloved? Who are you talking about?" Hawk asked.
"Too how much reading has blurred the line between dreams and reality, huh?" Meliodas said.
"Hey, hey. Looks like everyone's having fun." A lazy King commented laying on his pillow with his same usual clothes.
"Dressed like always, huh, King?" Hawk asked and then noticed the helmet on his hood. "What's going on with that hood? Is that a helmet?"
"Oh this? It was a gift from my best friend. By the way, where's Diane?"
"You guys! Come take a look outside!" Diane's voice called excitedly. Everyone walked outside to observe Diane's new outfit. It was the same color as her previous one but this one was a dress with black shorts underneath.
"You got a new outfit too, Diane." Elizabeth said.
"You like it?" She winked. "Merlin made it for me! Well? Well?" She kept asking and then Merlin appeared. "It was tough picking between the two you gave me, but I ended up choosing this one!"
"I only remember giving you one. I wonder?" Merlin thought. It was calm for a second before suddenly there was a large gust of wind and Ban ended up flying out the window of the Boar Hat and onto the floor. This was then followed by an angry (y/n) coming out onto the balcony with a blushing face.
"Seriously Ban!! It's too early in the morning for that!!!!" (Y/n) grew her wings and flew down to where the others were.
"I know you like it. Remember what Gowther said."
"Shutup."
"Well, it appears that nothing has changed between them." Merlin giggled.
"(Y/n) you got a new outfit too." Elizabeth said.
"Yeah. I had to. Meliodas kept bothering me until I got a new outfit with a skirt. He really is unbelievable, but how does it look?" (Y/n) was in a short dress that was blue at the top and black at the bottom. The sleeves were loose past the elbows and there were holes at the shoulders.

 The sleeves were loose past the elbows and there were holes at the shoulders

"It looks so good on you!" Diane complemented and Elizabeth nodded her head.
"Yup. It's really nice." Meliodas said while lifting her skirt from behind which caused a sharp pillar of Earth to erupt from the ground and send Meliodas flying.
"All right everybody." Meliodas said now safely on the ground. "The medal ceremony is tomorrow. What do you say we celebrate in advance?" That night everyone just laughed, drank, and talked the entire night until eventually the next day rolled around. The Sins including (y/n) and Hawk gathered at the palace for the ceremony except Ban and King weren't with them. They stood proudly before the King except for Hawk who was devouring a bowl of scraps.
"Hawk. Don't forget that we are in front of His Majesty." Merlin said.
"It's fine. It doesn't bother me!"
"He's back to his original size, huh?" Meliodas said.
"So Ban and King are both absent, huh?" Gowther pointed out.
"Where could they be?" Diane asked.
"I understand Ban not wanting to be here but why King?" (Y/n) asked.
"The Seven Deadly Sins, Demon Princess, along with the Scraps... Scraps Disposal?" The King questioned and then Elizabeth whispers red something in his ear. "The Order of Scarps Disposal. Today, I commend you for your heroics in protecting the kingdom, and hereby award you these medals. Step forward when your name is—."
"I object!" Meliodas interrupted. " I object to those metals being bestowed!"
"W-what did you say?" The king asked.
"That's what some here want to say. If you have something to say, tell me to my face! I'll be happy to listen." Of course no one had the courage to say their mind, until a group of three Holy Knights stepped up. "I could've sword there were a few more grumbles here. I guess we only have three people being honest right now. So what's the problem?"
"We would like To see firsthand the power of the legendary nights who said the kingdom from evil. What do you say, captain of the Seven Deadly Sins, Meliodas?" The leader Deathpierce asked.
"Sir Deathpierce!" A Knight said. "We're in His Majesty's presence!"
"Thanks to the plot of the two grandmasters... no, I need those two traitors, we were unfortunately assign to a remote post. So unless we ascertain your power for ourselves, we can't accept this outcome."
"Fine. Do as you wish." The king sighed.
"We are most grateful, Your Majesty."
"I'll go first." Dogedo said cracking his fist.
"Hold on. Magic, 290. Strength, 470. Spirit, 100. For a power level of 860." Hawk analyzed.
"This pig... what is it?" Dogedo asked.
"Sorry he's so arrogant." Meliodas apologized on behalf of Hawk.
"Hey, not bad! But sadly, you're no match for me. Meliodas will fight you in my place, okay?"
"Actually, I was planning to from the start. What's going on with you?" Meliodas asked.
"The new earring the Scraps Disposal Captain is wearing.... Thats the Magical Eye, isn't it?" Gowther asked Merlin.
"That's right. It's a present from me. Just a token of my thanks to a key player in saving the kingdom, see."
"Let's get started! Mr.Hero!" Dogedo yelled.
"Captain, don't tease him too much." Diane said.
"I'll try to do my best."
Dogedo attacked with a round of punches with Meliodas just dodged with ease until he punched Dogedo in the face which caused him to fly on the floor.
"Is that the best you can do? That was a little more then a bug bite. Is that all it took to defeat them. I guess Hendrickson and Dreyfus weren't anything special. They were merely a poor substitute for the previous grandmaster who died suddenly. Just props. They didn't have what it takes to become grandmasters on their own merits. If I'd known that, I should've finish them off myself first!"
"Bastard!!" Griamore exclaimed.
"Not that I'm trying to stand up for those two, but they would've killed a guy like you instantly."
"What?"
"I don't know what led them to carry out that idiotic plot. But the man I knew were Holy Knight with the heart to try to do the right thing.... and also the strength to carry it all out. Looks like you might have the strength, but you're lacking right here." Meliodas said pounding on his chest. "Which makes you a failure as a Holy Knight."
"Don't give me that!! A Holy Knight needs only one thing. Debating power to pulverize his enemies!!!" Dogedo yelled while attacking with another round of  punches.
"Not good!!! Get out the way, Meliodas! If you try to trade blowed for real, you—." Hawk cut himself off when he saw Meliodas push aside every single punch like it was nothing. When he was done all of Dogedo's fingers were broken.
"I think you need to start over as an apprentice Holy Knight." This made Dogedo mad so he tried attacking with a headbutt but Meliodas just slammed him which sent him flying backwards.
"N-no way. This is Meliodas... amazing! Magic, 400. Strength,960, Spirit, 2010. Power level, 3,370!!"
"One down, two to go." Meliodas said. "So who wants to fight me next?"
"Pardon us." Deathpierce said grabbing his friend and putting him in his shoulder. "I'd like to apologize on behalf of Dogedo here. Please forgive him. You see, while we were away, who's best friend lost his life and that battle. Also, we are satisfied now. We're more than convinced of your prowess, Sir Meliodas."
"Oh? That was enough to convince you?"
"Yes. We're unable to determine its limit. Admit that you might very well have been capable of defeating Hendrickson, who fell to the Demons. And now, we will be taking our leave."
"They're running away. Looks like my and Meliodas' Power Levels scared them off!" Hawk boosted.
"That's not necessarily true. These powers that fluctuate due to various circumstances, compatibility, and conditions." Gowther explained.
"Oh? So Gowther, you know about this, too?"
"I already have it loaded."
"Loaded, what do you mean?" Hawk asked and then saw his power level. "Oh no! Magic, 1300. Strength, 500. Spirit, 1300. Power Level, 3100."
"Scraps Captain. Magic, 0. Strength, 25. Spirit, 5. Oh, my."
"Damn you, Gowther! How dare you exceed my power level when you're the indoors type!! So sneaky!!!" Hawk yelled.
"Actually, it would be harder to score lower than your power level of 30."
"It's 3000!!!!"
"Hey, hey, why's going on?" Diane asked leaning down.
"You, too, Diane?"
"Magic, 900. Strength, 1870. Spirit, 480. Power Level, 3250! What's going on?"
"No surprises there. All seven of us in the order have Power Levels exceeding 3000." Gowther explained.
"Does that mean, Merlin, too?" Hawk asked and then got scared. "Magic, 3540. Strength, 70. Spirit, 1110. Power Level, 4710."
"Hawk, are you alright? You're not feeling sick are you?" (Y/n) asked worriedly bending down a little to touch his head.
"Magic, 2340. Strength, 2145. Spirit, 1876. Power Level..." Hawk's faced turned blue and his body became covered in sweat. "6361. Her Power Level is twice that of mine!!!!"
"The Scraps Captain seemed quite distressed." Gowther pointed out and then Hawk's confidence increased once again when he received his medal from the king. When the ceremony was finished everyone headed back to the Boar Hat together, discussing the king's omen about Camelot.
"Captain, did you figure out what the king's omen meant?" Diane asked.
"No. Not yet anyway. The only thing I feel I have a pretty good grasp of is that something huge might happen in Camelot."
"Ten shadows..." (y/n) mumbled recalling the king's statement. They continued walking but then suddenly, the ground started shaking and Meliodas has the scariest look that anyone had ever seen on him.
"I knew it. It's them, huh?"