Chapter 16

3rd POV

"What's going on? The castle is in ruins!" Howzer asked.
"Luckily, I can still sense their magical power." Gowther said.
"We should hurry up and join them." King suggested and then suddenly Jericho and Guila felt an unbearable amount of pain surge through their bodies.
"Wait! Something's wrong with Guila and Jericho." Diane exclaimed as both girls fell on the floor crying out in pain.
"Something about this pain doesn't seem normal." Howzer said.
"It's like a sinister black magical power is pouring out from inside them." King said.
"Most likely, it's the same change that Dale went through." Gowther added. Jericho was the first to change. Her body become bumpy and the turned into that of a beast with only her chest and up being seen at the center. The monster tried to attack but Diane blocked it.
"Quick do it!" Diane yelled and Gowther grabbed Guila and the little boy and made a run for it.
"Diane!" King called.
"Hold on King, what are you planning?" Howzer asked.
"I'm gonna kill Jericho! It's all Diane can do to just stand!"
"You don't have to worry about me. Anyway what's happening to Guila and Jericho?"
"Probably the demon blood inside those New Generation knights is going out of control." King said.
"No, it's being forced to go out of control!" Meliodas suddenly appeared kicking away the beast from Diane.
"(Y/n), you're alright." Howzer sighed in relief.
"Worried about me." (Y/n) teased and he immediately stiffened up and blushed. "Anyway, I'm glad to see you're alright."
"Captain, being forced to go out of control... don't tell me someone's behind this?" King asked.
"Yeah. Both Guila and Jericho are New Generation. It's not just these two. Doesn't it seem unnatural for all the New Generation knights in the city to go berserk at the same time?"
"At the same time?"
"Look there." Not to far away was another Holy Knight being forced to turn into a monster. Jericho lunged at Meliodas but Diane was able to block and hold her in place.
"You're perceptive as always. The New Generation are, so to speak, losers who couldn't become Holy Knights. Their hearts are filled with inferiority towards the Holy Knights, and rage at themselves for being inept. This ancient curse will intensify those feelings, and eventually take over all of them."
"You're..." King began.
"So your alive, Hendrickson!"
"But why does he look like that?" Elizabeth asked. Hendrickson hair had grown slightly longer but the main change was the fact that his body was now covered in darkness.
"So he has the Demon blood in him, too?" Meliodas asked.
"What an incredible boon! When one is truly compatible with demon blood, it's super charges them physically and amplifies their magical power. All that research and experimentation was worth it! Now hand over Elizabeth and (y/n). Do so, and as one Demon to another, I'll let you live."
"Don't lump me together with you. You're neither a human nor demon. You're just an idiot!"
"I expected that response."
"Than was this expressed too?" King asked floating behind Hendrickson with multiple spears pointed at him.
"Of course." King suddenly felt an attack and the flew away but he was surprised by who was the one who initiated the attack. "I thought you just died! Helbram!"
"It's no use talking to him. He was always dead. Aren't you the one who killed him?" Hendrickson asked despite knowing the answer. He was taunting King, that much was sure.
"You... what did you do to Helbram?"
"I hear you Fairies don't fit even after you're dead. For almost 20 years, this one's corpse has been going for a high price among black market dealers, and I bought it, and I gave it temporary life. A forbidden technique passed down by the Druids, Enslavement of the Dead. But one can only be revived twice, you see. With each resurrection, the soul, erodes, and his functions diminish markedly."
"That's..." King began to cry for his friend. "That's too cruel."
"Try to be happier for him. I've given you a wonderful opportunity. To kill your friend a third time! It appears the show is about to begin!!"
Howzer was about to attack but Hendrickson was first to it. He pushed Howzer so he flew into the air and slammed into a wall near a den of New Generation monsters. Meliodas and Gilthunder were the next to make a move.
"Nicely done, Vivian." Both guys turned around to find Vivian holding Margaret and Elizabeth hostage. Without noticing Gilthunder was struck on the back and Meliodas' chest was pierced.
"Meliodas!!!! Gilthunder!!!!" (Y/n) yelled tears threatening to break free. (Y/n) just watched as Meliodas fell on the floor and his blood spilled out his body and onto the ground. She didn't hear what Vivian or anyone else was saying. She just watched in shock and despair.
"(Y/n)..." Meliodas said weakly. Short clips of memories flashed through her mind but she could understand who was in it. All she was death, blood, and someone calling her name.
"Something wrong Demon Princess. Is the site of seeing your friend die too much too handle?" Hendrickson asked picking her up by her hair. Normally she would have fought back but her head was filled with so much pain and confusion she was too weak to do anything. She didn't understand what was going on. All Hendrickson had to do was punch (y/n) in the stomach to make her completely black out.