Chapter 27

3rd POV

It was a sad occasion. Camelot had been destroyed by two beasts, Merlin was still a statue, and Meliodas  was still injured. He even needed (y/n) help to just stand and walk around. She helped him into the room in which Slader, Arthur, and Merlin's stone body were.
"I'm sorry, Merlin . I'm always the one being protected. But I couldn't protect you!"
"A man shouldn't cry forever." Slader said. "I'm sure that even Big Sister would say so."
"I know you mean well. But I'm certain that Merlin is disappointed in me."
"Then I guess we'll have to hear it from Merlin herself, huh?"
"Sir Meliodas, have your wounds healed?" Arthur asked.
"Nope." He answered which was followed by groping her chest.
"Sir Meliodas you shouldn't be doing that!" Arthur exclaimed blushing.
"But it helps me heal."
"Does it really?" Elizabeth asked.
"Of course not!" (Y/n) yelled blushing. "I will drop you Meliodas." She warned and he stopped.
"Hey, so tell me what happened. I really don't see Galand just thinking away without finishing us off."
"I manipulated his memories a bit." Gowther said striking a pose. "Making him think that he did finish you off, you see."
"Glad to see you're back Gowther." (y/n) smiled. "But why are you dressed like that?" Meliodas asked pointing out the fact that he had only a towel wrapped around him.
"I have no clothes." He said removing the towel and (y/n) and Elizabeth had to look away.
"Can't unsee that. Hey wait a second, are you okay now?"
"You don't have to worry about me losing control. Since I have this restraint bracelet to stop me. This is Merlins's Magic's item a prototype of the Peace Amulet." He explained showing everyone his bracelet.
"Did you put that on yourself or what?" Meliodas asked.
"No."
"I managed to put it on Gowther when he wasn't looking." A familiar voice said.
"That voice!" Slader exclaimed.
"Merlin?" Arthur questioned.
"I'm right here." A floating ball said.
"Oh wow! That little ball can talk." Hawk said.
"That's Merlin's Sacred Treasure."
"Just before my body turned completely to stone, I transferred my soul to the Morning Star Aldan." Merlin explained.
"Wait is this a good thing?" Hawk asked.
"No, it's inconvenient not to have a body. This Commandment can't be reversed, even with my magical powers. According to Galand, these Commandments derive their power from the Demon King. If anything can challenge it, it's probably be the Goddess race's power. But the greatest threat of all is the sheer strength of Galand himself. After all, his magical powers were depleted, and yet we were helpless against him."
"He thrashed us. Hard." Meliodas said.
"And there are ten of those monsters in all." Slader send making the room go quiet until Meliodas spike up.
"Meaning that... okay! How about we come up with a strategy?"
"A strategy for what?" Hawk asked.
"What else? To beat those Ten Commandments, of course!"
"You make it sound like it's going to be easy." Slader said. "Just what kind of plan will help us defeat an opponent we were no match for?"
"But back then, the people and other races fought the same terrifying foe, didn't they?" Elizabeth whispered to Hawk.
"Sure, but doesn't that mean that those guys were really strong?"
"As expected of you, Hawk." Merlin began. "To put it another way, we're weak. In times of peace, none of the citizens would ever have to build a sword. But if you're living in a time of constant war, even children must learn swordsmanship if they want to survive. Meaning that 3000 years ago, Britannia was that embroiled in vicious warfare and bloodshed. In that case, there's only one way for us to win. We must get stronger."
"Ms.Merlin just made it sound easy, too."
"That's okay. The way Big Sister says it, it's so convincing."
"But we cant get that strong that fast, can we?" (Y/n) questioned.
"So let me index everyone's powers. First, the strength of our team. The captain's Power Level, 3370. Diane's Power Level, 3250. Gowther's Power Level, 3100. My Power Level, 4710. King's Power Level, 4190. Ban's Power Level, 3220. (Y/n)'s Power Level, 6361. Our total Power Level is 28,201. In contrast, the Ten Commanments' Power Level. If Galand's Power Level is 26,000 with his magical power depleted, and we assume that the other Ten Commandments are as strong as Galand, their total Power Level would be 260,000. When they completely regain their magical powers, it will be more than 300,000. Furthermore, should they summon the Albions and lower-ranked Demons, needless fo say, the outlook will be even bleaker for us."
"So basically, we are barely a small fraction of their overall power. We would need to power up like crazy to just catch up." (Y/n) said.
"Also, Princess Elizabeth, Arthur... for this battle, it will be imperative that your magical powers are awakened."
"Please... you overestimate me, Merlin. Ultimately, I wasn't able to protect my people, the Holy Knights, or even you." Arthur said sadly.
"You can count on me, Lady Merlin! If there's anything I can do... no, even if I can't right now, I'll do anything if it will help me to accomplish it!" Elizabeth declared.
"That's good attitude. And there's one more key element that we mustn't forget. It seems like it's time to search for that man."
"The Seven Deadly Sins, the Sin of Pride. Lion Sin, Escanor!"
"The final member of the Seven Deadly Sins?" Elizabeth asked.
"Yeah!" (Y/n) answered.
"Alright! Now that it's settling, we can't just sit around here, huh? Now what should we do first?" Meliodas asked.
"We should probably tell Diane." (Y/n) answered. With that, Meliodas, Elizabeth, Hawk, and (y/n) walked outside to where Diane was until suddenly King appeared through a black hole.
"Diane—." Meliodas grabbed King's face and threw him out like it was nothing.
"King is that you? Come on, don't just pop out of nowhere. So where've you been all this time?"
"Oh you know." King said rubbing his head.
"This whole town was swarming with Demons, and it was one huge commotion."
"Here too? Where's Diane?" King asked and then flew off with the others following behind. Diane was asleep with a bandage wrapped around her head until she heard King call her name. "Diane! Diane!"
"Hey, um..."
"It's me, Diane! I came back."
"Who are you?"
"What?" King asked laughing nervously. "Come on Diane. Don't give me a heart attack like that. It's me King."
"Wait, you're King?"
"That's right, King!"
"Oh, please!" She laughed. "King's not a little boy like you. He's an unshaven blimp of a Fairy."
"Well, yeah, of course, but..."
"Diane, are you still half asleep?" Meliodas asked.
"Meliodas!"
"That's weird. When did she stop calling you by your title?" Hawk asked.
"Are you alright, Diane?" Elizabeth asked.
"And who are you?"