Chapter 18

3rd POV

"This monster corpse..." King said.
"It's bright red and flabby. So creepy!" Diane said a little scared.
"It looks just like a legendary..." King began.
"Right. It's a demon." Meliodas finished.
"So they really did exist?" King asked
"The magical power emanating from that corpse matches what I sensed from Dale and the New Generation. It's safe to assume this is the root of evil."
"20 years who, The moment it was discovered in the Fairy King Forest was when it all began. Just Red Demon has been a great boon. From the Old Generation to the New Generation. The experiments that produced those compatible with Demon blood. The partial deciphering of the Dark Magic system. And as a result..." Hendrickson's fingers turned into sharp whips which attacked the sins. Meliodas and Diane blocked the attack, Gowther and King dodged, whole Ban let himself be stabbed."I've successfully incarnated the Red Demon's power!!!"
"Incarnated the Red Demon's power? Then you can't win." Ban ran forward with the darkness still inside him until he was right in front of Hendrickson. "I'm the one who killed that flat slob!!!!!" Hak yelled punching Hendrickson in the head hard enough the ground came apart and Hendrickson fell right through. Afterwards, Ban grabbed his weapon and cut the head of the Red Demon into pieces.
"Ban, 20 years ago, you actually..." King asked.
"It doesn't matter anymore."
"Still, you sure blew a hole into this thing." Meliodas commented peering into the hole.
"I'm detecting a slight breeze. There seems to be a cave further down." Gowther analyzed.
"Let's go."
"At my size, I won't fit!"
"Diane, you stand by her." Meliodas said before jumping down and the sins followed.
"You guys, be careful." When they landed they couldn't see anything at all.
"Good news, bad news. We made it down, all right, b it it's pitch black."
"Ban, I know you're trying to flick a booger." Gowther said.
"Great, I guess one of use can see."
"Spirit Spear Chastiefol, seventh configuration.... Luminosity." With that they were all able to see again.
"That thing of yours sure comes in handy, huh?" Meliodas commented.
"A trial of blood." Gowther said looking down on the floor so of course the sins followed it.
"Who knew there was such a huge cave down here." King said.
"The space itself has existed for more than tens of thousands of years. However, there are no signs of entry the last few years."
"Meaning something was found here?" Meliodas asked. They kept walking forward until finally finding Hendrickson right in front of them next to a table with a tray on it.
"I must thank you, Fox Sin Ban. Because thanks to you, I was able to acquire the power of the Red Demon."
"Yeah, don't mention it." Ban replied calmly.
"Still, this is just one method. I've been seeking bodies able to withstand it. Since unlike the Red Demons blood, no living creature can tolerate the reactions to this one's blood!"
"This one?" Meliodas repeated.
"Captain! There's something behind him!" King warned. He moved his Chastiefol to shine a light in the creature behind Hendrickson.
"According to my hypothesis, a body compatible with the magical power of its kinsman, the Red Demon, can somehow tolerate those reactions."
"This is..." Meliodas began.
"The Gray Demon, discovered several years ago. Isn't it magnificent? There's still so much we don't know about the demons ecology and genealogy, but I do know one thing about this one." Using a needle, Hendrickson extracted blood from the Gray Demon. "The fact that it's a superior race to the Red Demons! I would've liked a bit more time to study, but if my argument is correct..." He injected the needle into his systems and let the Gray Demon's blood flow.
"What's he doing?" King asked.
"Are you insane?!" Meliodas yelled.
"Since I have the power of the Red Demons, this body can tolerate this bloo-." Hendrickson cut himself off when feeling an unbearable amount of pain surge thought his system. His body glowed before changing into a different form. He became slimmer while also appearing to look the same as he original did except one eye was blue while the other was a dark red. "Dreyfus. I wish you could've been here... to see this with me."
Ban wasted no time in going to attack despite Meliodas' calls to stop. Ban jumped into the air hitting Hendrickson dead on with his nunchucks but in the end Ban's body was completely obliterated when the glowing stopped and he no longer was the same anymore. His body turned a grayish color with his legs being a much dark shade then his torso and his bottom left arm, right shoulder, and face was crashed. He had demon horns with pok-o-dots and dark wings.