Persistent | 2

Akaashi

Volleyball practice went great, turns out, they needed a setter since the last one just so happen to graduate last year. I was pretty happy since I got into the starting line up automatically since I play as a setter and no one in the team knew how to set good enough to get the spot.

At first, I found it hard and frustrating since it was my first time working with them so I didn't know what kind of toss they preferred. Luckily, they were all patient and they just laughed off the missed sets.

They were all really good in offense but one of them struck me the most. Bokuto Koutarou. At first glance you wouldn't really think he'll be an athlete, sure he was really fit and he had a great body but his vibe is totally not like jocks.

But he was good. He's probably the best ace I've ever tossed to. The power of his spikes were amazing, of course, but that's not what shocks me. It's the fact that he can think in mid-air, the fact that he know what to do in every situation. For example, if the block was too high, you can rebound it or spike it on the tip of the blocker's finger and get a block-out. He knew exactly when to do feints, broad-jumps, a quick or whatever.

After awhile, practice was finished, I changed and grabbed my stuff from the locker room. Just before I walk past the school gate, someone called me. "HEY AKAASHIII! Wait up!" I looked over my shoulder and saw that gray haired fool running towards me.

"Wanna walk home together?" He asked me with a jolly tone, I simply nodded and continued walking. It was freezing , but I was trying my best not to show that I'm cold. I sighed, my clumsy self forgot my scarf and gloves back in the locker room.

Though I guess I wasn't convincing enough since just a couple minutes in the walk, Bokuto turned to me and studied my probably red face before unwrapping his scarf. Before I could protest, he wrapped it loosely around my neck, it covered half of my face too, drowning me in his scent.

"You're gonna get cold Bokuto-san." The scarfed muffled my words. He just chuckled before giving me another one of his cheeky grins. "Plus, I wasn't even that cold." I said and avoided his gaze.

"You know, the words coming from your mouth are saying something but your red face and your shaking hands are saying the opposite thing." I just rolled my eyes knowing that he was right and I couldn't argue against that.

Before I knew it, we arrived in my house, "Oh you live in the same street as me!" Bokuto said happily. I gave him a small smile before opening my front door. He was already walking away when I realized I forgot something. "Bokuto-san!"

He turned around and tilted his head a little due to confusion. "I- your scarf." I said unwrapping it from my neck but he shook his head and waved his hand. "No, you keep it, think of it as my welcoming gift to you." He said before turning back around and jogging off.

I entered the house and let out a sigh of relief. What's happening to me? Why did my heart beat so fast when he gave me his scarf? It's just a friendly gesture. I don't even know why I'm making it such a big deal.