Persistent | 12

Akaashi

After a bit of shock, I hugged him back. I was trying my best to comfort him, telling him it's going to be ok while rubbing his back. Although, it looked like he wasn't going to stop crying anytime soon.

After awhile, he calmed down, he was still crying, but not as hard as before. "Do you ,uh, mind telling me what happened?" I asked him, hoping that it wouldn't make him sad again.

Flashback

Bokuto

"Naomi, will you be my girlfriend?" I was looking at her while I said that. She looked around and motioned to me that we should talk outside. That didn't bother me, maybe she just wasn't comfortable with having an audience.

We got outside, but my smile dropped when I saw the look on her face. There was no longer that sweet smile and welcoming eyes, instead she looked a little disgusted and surprised.

"You see, Bokuto, I never really liked you. I'm going to be honest with you, I only hung around you to get closer to your friend Kuroo, you know the one in Nekoma? You are so stupid to fall for my trap, I mean, did you really think I'd like someone like you? You're too annoying, you're pretty foolish too and you don't have good looks. What would happen to my reputation if people see me dating you?" She now had a smile on her face, but it wasn't like the one I was used to seeing, her smile right now was just mischievous.

"Anyways, sorry not sorry, Bokuto, better luck next time. And also, next time you see Kuroo, tell him I said hi." With that she turned around and walked back to the dance.

All I felt was anger. Anger towards Naomi for playing me like that and anger towards myself for not listening to my friends. I really am stupid. I was too stubborn to listen to Konoha and the others. They told me multiple times that Naomi was gonna hurt me, but I shrugged them off.

I turned around and started running, I didn't know where my feet were taking me, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get away from the dance

When I was in a safe distance, that's when I started crying, the sadness hit me like a truck. Why wasn't I good enough? What did I do wrong?

I started walking again, still crying until I saw a familiar house. It was Akaashi's. I knew he was home since I saw him leave earlier.

-
Akaashi

"Bokuto-san, don't say that you're stupid. It's not like you could control liking her, right? No one can control their feelings, so you shouldn't put the fault on yourself."

Bokuto just nodded but I could tell he was still not alright. Damn, I didn't know Naomi was that bad. I sighed. "She's the stupid one for letting you go Bokuto-san. I'm sure a lot of other people wants a chance with you, she wasted her's."

He clicked his tongue. "Akaashi, no one would ever like me, why would they? Like Naomi said, I'm annoying, stupid, and I'm not good looking either. No one wou-." I stopped him by putting my finger on his lips.

"Stop it. You are a great guy, you always lift the mood up when others are feeling down. You're hardworking. You care about others more than yourself, you're generous, you are good looking. Anyone who would reject you are just plain stupid."

He finally lit up and smiled genuinely.

"Thank you 'Kaashi! You really are the best. I love youuuuu!" He said before tackling me in another hug.

-

The story is almost done y'all! I'm thinking about doing a SemiShira book next, since I recently got into them. They're so adorable. And again, I'm asking you guys if you have any recommendations of SemiShira fanfics?

I love y'all so much, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!