Persistent | 9

Akaashi

I heard Konoha gasp a little. I turned on my heels and walked away as fast as I could. "Akaashi, wait up!" Konoha called out to me, but I didn't stop walking until I arrived at the bathroom. I bit my lip as I remember my breakdown from the other day.

I entered a stall, and once again, cried. I really can't do anything about it anymore. I know that Bokuto doesn't and will never love me, but for some reason there still a little hope inside me.

I sighed and wiped off my tears. I ran out the bathroom to the rooftop. Ain't no way I'm going in the cafeteria, I knew for a fact that Bokuto and Naomi were gonna be there eating each other's faces or what not.

I sat at the edge of the rooftop and sighed. Everyone looked so happy, why can't I be too? What did I do to deserve such pain? I really don't understand. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down, I didn't want to burst into tears again.

I stayed like that for awhile, eyes shut close, until I heard footsteps. I looked behind me and saw Bokuto. He sat right next to me. We were both silent, there was an awkward tension.

"Uh, so what's up?" He said, desperately trying to make a conversation. I chuckled, even though he was a jolly type of person, he wasn't very good at comforting other people, clearly.

"Nothing much actually, how about you, what's going on with Naomi, huh?" Oh damn, I didn't mean for my tone to sound jealous.

Luckily he didn't notice and instead, he smiled. "It's going great actually! She's super nice and approachable too!"

Pfttt nice and approachable my ass.

"Wow, I wish everyone had a happy life like yours." I said while looking at my lap. "Ok, there's something wrong, clearly. I know I'm not good at comforting but I can try to be a good listener." He said.

I licked my lips and thought about it. You know what, screw it. "Ok, um, I guess I like someone, but they're a close friend of mine and they like someone else. I'm afraid that if I tell that person, our friendship will be ruined. But it's pretty annoying since the someone they like is kind of a bitch but they don't notice it."

He let out an oh. Bokuto scratched his head before opening his mouth to talk. "Well whoever they are, they're pretty stupid for not liking you back, and they're pretty blind to not know the person they like is mean. Don't worry 'Kaashi, you'll find someone else."

Yup, he's dense as a rock can be.

I didn't have time to answer him since the bell rang. I went to my classroom and sighed. I really have to stop myself from falling deeper for him.

We're just friends, we're just friends, we're just friends...

Or are we?

I shook myself from the thought and slapped myself. "Woah, you ok?" Konoha said as he took a seat beside me. I nodded and buried my face in my hands.

Throughout the class, I couldn't stop thinking of Bokuto, I tried my best to stop but

I can't seem to get him off my mind.

-

Hi guys! I'm sorry I took awhile to update this book. But anyways, I'm finally on spring break! So I'm probably gonna update more.