Persistent | 4

Akaashi

I was debating on not going to practice since I wasn't really in the mood to and I didn't want my teammates to see me like a wreck. I washed my face so my cheeks weren't tear stained anymore, nonetheless they were still puffer than usual, my eyes were red and also puffy. My voice was hoarse and I could barely speak from crying.

I sighed, even though I didn't want to go practice, I knew I needed too. After all, they can't play without a setter right?

I braced myself before stepping a foot in the gym. Immediately everyone went to me.

"Akaashi, are you ok?"
"You look like you just cried.."
"What happened to our setter?"

I mumbled I'm fine. Out of all the people that asked me questions, not one of them was the person I was looking for. Suddenly I felt someone grab my wrist and turn me around.

"Hey, 'Kaashi, what happened?" There he was, the reason for my tears. I felt my heart beat increase in speed as I look in his eyes filled of worry. Instead of his usual joyful and loud voice, his tone was more caring.

I shook my head, indicating I was perfectly fine before walking past him to the changing room. I took deep breaths and forced the tears back.

I'm  stupid. I  can't let Bokuto see me like this. He'll think I'm weird and pathetic, he'll never talk to me again.

After awhile of wiping off what seemed like never ending tears, I finally got myself together and thought that I should be good to go out again.

I went in the gym and saw that they were practicing their spiking drills, I went over to Konoha, who was replacing me place as setter. "I'll set now, you can practice your spikes."

Of course, it was Bokuto's turn to spike. He threw it in the air and I jogged to it, making sure I had the perfect position. It was falling that quite fast and I was ready to set it.

*thud*

Everyone went quiet for a second when I fell on the floor, clutching my face. "AKAASHI!!!" I heard their footsteps approaching and thought that they all circled around me to see if I was ok. I felt someone remove my hand from my face.

All I saw was his face, and I can say that we were close. If someone would push him slightly, we would've kissed. Yeah, that close. He put a hand on my cheek, probably to check if I had any bruises. Everything went slo-mo. It felt like those cliché romance movies, the only difference was, the boy actually liked the girl.

"Hey Akaashi, take a rest for a second, come back when you feel better."

I sighed and sat on the bench, but not long after, I decided to just go back to my house. I just felt too sad and I knew I wasn't going back to the court, I couldn't concentrate, I'll just ruin their practice.

I ended up walking back home, but before I could even pass the school gate. I saw Naomi and her friends. I fast walked and once I was far enough I broke down. Once again.

She's so pretty, that's why he likes her. She's so nice and friendly while I'm so hard to approach. She's funny while I barely make jokes. He likes her so much, no wonder why. I'll never be enough. I'm just a worthless, pathetic person that he just met. I mean nothing to him. I'll never be good as her. I'll never be enough.