Persistent | 10

(Time skip to the day of the dance)

Akaashi

Today is the dance, and I'm not particularly the excited about it. I mean, at least I have friends to go with, right? But still, I wanted to go with him.

I sighed. Me and Bokuto are walking home right now to get ready for the dance and he won't stop blabbering about Naomi and how excited he is to dance with her. I just did my best to act interested about it, and I guess I'm doing pretty good or he's just dense as hell.

We parted ways and I was glad I didn't have to hear about Naomi anymore, I think if I hear her name one more time, I'll go wild.

When I got home, I was overwhelmed with the urge to just stay at home and lay on my bed all night rather than socializing with other people. But I forced myself to get ready since I know if I don't show up, I'll get bombarded by messages from the team (mostly Bokuto) asking why I didn't make it.

I took a shower and put on my formal outfit before checking my phone. I felt my heart leap when I saw that Bokuto-San messaged me. But I was soon disappointed when I saw it was just him asking if he should ask Naomi out or not, of course I knew what he wanted me to say, so I replied saying that he should definitely ask her out.

Anyways, once I finished getting ready, I got a call from Konoha, saying that he and the team were going to pick me up. After five minutes, I finally convinced myself to not back out and I got out my house.

Like they said, all of them were standing on my porch, well all except one. I guess Konoha noticed that I looked down when I saw that Bokuto wasn't there. "Uh, he said he'll be going with Naomi." He whispered to me with an apologetic look.

I shrugged it off and decided to not have bad vibes tonight, I'll just enjoy and try to forget about my problems.

We got to our school and went to the gymnasium where the dance was held. I kinda just stayed with Konoha since I don't feel comfortable going around talking to people yet.

I was casually talking to my friend when Bokuto entered the gym. The voice of Konoha was somehow tuned out and all I could see was Bokuto. He looked absolutely flawless, he always does, but damn him in that suit just hits different.

"Uh, Akaashi?" I was shook off my thoughts by Konoha waving his hands in front of me. "Huh?" He laughed and said "You might wanna close your mouth, a fly will go in." I rolled my eyes at him while he continued "What were you even looking at?"

He turned around and saw Bokuto, "ohh, I get it." He said with a mocking grin on his face.

Everyone were having a great time, even me actually. We were all just minding our own business until we heard "hello" from the stage. The music were turned off, and now everyone's attention was on the person holding the mic. It was Bokuto.

If I didn't know him good enough, I wouldn't be able to tell that he was nervous. But he was a mess, a nervous wreck. I could tell by his eyes and his hands fidgeting.

He closed his eyes tightly before sighing. He smiled and started talking. "So, I just wanted to say something, I'm sorry for bothering you guys but this is really important."

"There is this girl that I really liked, it's been awhile but I never had the courage to confess, since I was scared that I wasn't good enough for her. She's amazing and just perfect." Bokuto looked at the crowd one more time.

"Naomi, I love you, will you be my girlfriend?"

-

Ooofff this chapter is pretty bad butttttt TEA IS ABOUT TO START! There's gonna be some action from now on :)!

That's all Love ya guys and I hope y'all liked this chapter.