Persistent | 7

A/N

I wanted to say that I made a mistake in chapter 3 (Persistent | 3). Instead of putting that Bokuto was gonna ask Naomi to the dance, I wrote that he already asked her. I'm so sorry about that confusion!

Akaashi

Konoha looked at me wide eyed. He pulled his chair closer to mine. "Wait are you for real?" He whispered to me. I pursed my lips and nodded.

He looked outside the window and then to me. "Oh god Akaashi, I'm so sorry, if only I knew I would have convinced Bokuto to not ask Naomi to the dance." I waved my hands and gave him a small smile. "Don't apologize Konoha, it's not your fault. And if Bokuto is happy with Naomi, then so be it. I can't do anything about it."

Konoha frowned, "But it's not just that though, all of us knows that Naomi isn't really a nice person, she just pretends. But Bokuto is blinded and thinks that she's the perfect girl." He sighed.

"Well, he looks really happy..." I said while looking through the window. Bokuto was hugging her with the biggest smile. "Our ace deserve someone so much better." Konoha said while shaking his head.

We talked for awhile until the bell rang. Bokuto entered the room looking all jolly. "AWGASHIIIII!!" I nodded at him to say good morning. "I'm so proud of myself!" He said and took a seat beside me. "Why, Bokuto-san?" I asked, pretending not to know the reason why.

"Do you remember when I said that I'll ask Naomi to the dance?" Yeah, very clearly. "Yes." I said simply.

"Well I did this morning and she actually said yes! Can you believe that 'Kaashi? My crush for 4 years agreed to go to the dance with me!" I did my best to act all happy and enthusiastic. "Oh wow, Bokuto-san that's great!"

He sighed happily, "I can't believe it, she's so perfect." He said dreamily. "Mhm."  Perfect my ass.

Our teacher started the lesson but Bokuto wasn't stopping talking about Naomi. "Like I swear to god, she's so nice and she's pretty and funny and-" As he rambled I tried to tell him to stop. The teacher stopped speaking awhile ago and was staring right at us, along the rest of the class.

Our professor cleared his throat before speaking. "Akaashi, Bokuto, are we interrupting something?" I face palmed when I heard Bokuto-san say "Huh?"

Our teacher sighed "Both of you, detention now." He said calmly but it absolutely scared me. You see, I'm kind of a role model student, I rarely got in trouble, and this was my first time getting sent to detention. On the other hand, Bokuto-san stood up and walked casually out the class, like this was a daily routine to him.

"Akaashi, can I ask you for a favour?" Bokuto sounded very serious while asking me this so I got interested. "You're going to the dance, right?"

"Mhm." I mumbled meaning yes. He stopped in his tracks and faced me so he was saying at me in the eyes. He put his hand on my shoulders and got closer. "Um, can you, perhaps, help me to ask Naomi to be my girlfriend at the day of the dance?"

Oh.

Well, that kinda hurts.

What was I even thinking?

Was really expecting him to suddenly hug me or kiss me? Yeah, stupid of me right?"

He shook me out off my thoughts, like literally, he shook me. "'Kaashi? I m-mean if you're not comfortable with helping me, it's ok I guess. It's just I'd like to have you around when I ask her since you're kind of like my best friend right now." He played with his fingers. He was probably nervous since I didn't say anything and probably gave him an empty stare.

I gave him a small smile, "Actually, I'd love to help you, Bokuto-san. I was zoning out, sorry."  I turned around right after saying that to make sure he doesn't see the tears build up my eyes.

My eyes were burning as I felt the familiar feeling of my tears.

"Best friend."

-