Persistent | 3

Akaashi

I woke up feeling my best. Possibly because of last night. I still couldn't get my mind out of what happened. I mean Bokuto just gave me his scarf, and he only did that so I won't get sick. Friends do that right? So what am I worrying about? And why am I so happy about it?

I sighed and got ready for school. Before stepping out, I made sure to wear Bokuto-san's scarf, something just urged me to do so.

I let out a groan when I heard the bell ring, it meant classes were starting and I'm still in the courtyard. I ran knowing that my teacher will yell at me for being late. Lucky for me, there was a substitute teacher today, so I won't get in too much trouble.

Time skip

"AKAASHIIII!" I face palmed as I heard Bokuto-san's voice, screaming as usual. Everyone in the cafeteria turned to look towards me and him, luckily they all turned away after a few seconds of confused stares.

"Are you going to the dance next week?" He asked once he was seated in front of me. "Hm? What dance."

"Well, every year we have a dance in late February, so are you coming?" He explained briefly and looked at me with anticipation.

"Uhm, sure, it must be fun if you look that excited for it." I said reluctantly.

"Normally I'm not that excited, but this year, I am asking Naomi to go to the dance with me!" He said and smiled proudly.

Ouch.

Why did my heart feel like it just broke in a million pieces when he said that? I should be happy for him right? After all, ever since I got here, he told me about his huge crush on a girl named Naomi. I bet she's pretty and nice.

"O-oh, I'm so happy for you Bokuto-san." I said trying my best to sound enthusiastic about it.

"How can I be so lucky right? How about you? Who are you planning to ask?" Well I would've liked to go with you but that is clearly out the window.

"Eh, I'll probably just go with Konoha and the rest of the team." I said and took my tray before leaving, not forgetting to say "I'll see you later."

The second I turned around, I felt tears well up my eyes. But I didn't want to cry, at least not here and not now. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall.

Before I knew it, hot tears were streaming down my face. It was all silent, all I could hear was my sniffs and my very unsteady breathing. I sat there crying, it was like a broken dam, tears just wouldn't stop coming out of my eyes. I sighed shakily and wiped my tears, I was ready to leave the stall, but I heard the bathroom door opened.

"Bokuto, why don't you ask Naomi to be your girlfriend during the dance?" I heard someone say before hearing his oh so familiar voice.

"That's exactly what I planned on doing." He said in a happy tone before him and whoever he was with left, they probably just looked at the mirror or something.

And I was alone. I broke down once again, I thought I cried every once of water left in my body but apparently not. I let myself go, not caring that if someone enters this bathroom, they would hear my loud sobbing. My breath got even more shaky and unsteady, which I thought was impossible.

I was beyond broken, everything hurt and I was exhausted. I stopped crying but pain didn't stop, in fact it got worse. At first, I didn't know why I was crying or sad. But now I know, and it hurts me even more. I was in love with my friend who was straight, I was in love with Bokuto-san.

Oh how it unrequited love hurts...

-

This story might be a little angsty but I hope you guys still enjoy it as much as y'all enjoyed my other book! Sorry if it took me a long time to update, it's just studied and all.

Oh well, GOOD NIGHT OR GOOD MORNING TO ALL OF YOU <3