Persistent | 13 (epilogue)

Akaashi

I woke up to see that I'm still getting bear hugged by Bokuto. I smiled a little before shaking and telling him to wake up. He stretched before sitting down the bed. "I'm still tired, Akaashi." He mumbled in a clearly sleepy voice. I giggled and him lightly to get him off my bed.

We both got ready and walked to school. I could tell that he was still feeling down. He wasn't talking much and he didn't style his hair in its usual owl-looking way, instead he just let it down.

We had morning practice so we went straight to the gym. Everyone else was there and stopped practicing when they saw us walk in. They knew off the bat that something was wrong. "Bokuto, what happened?". Bokuto just smiled at them and waved dismissively.

"Is it that Naomi snake? I'm gonna beat her up." One of them said which cause everyone to laugh, even Bokuto. But still, it was obvious that he wasn't in his usual state.

Me and Bokuto started practicing, he could barely hit any of my tosses. It really is one of those bad days. He got frustrated and quickly gave up on practicing his spikes.

For the rest of the practice, he was just practicing his receives. The team was confused, they said that he rarely practices his receives since he enjoys spiking much more.

After about 30 minutes, we had to pack up and go to class. Bokuto was still being unusually quiet and I was the one trying to make a conversation.

We were almost at his class when I got an idea. It's very stupid and might get us in trouble but I know for sure that it'll cheer him up at least a bit. I grabbed his wrist. "Bokuto-san, can we, uh, not go to class?" I whispered to him. His eyes widened "Are you saying you want to ski-" I covered his mouth and dragged him.

We got out the school without getting caugh, we ran a bit, just to be sure we're safe. "So, where do you want to go?" I smiled at him, "That's for me to know and for you to find out!"

We walked for a bit, luckily the place wasn't too far. "Akaashi, skipping isn't like you, you know." He said. "Just trust me, this will much better than going to class. Ah, here we are!"

I smiled when I saw his eyes lit up. I brought him to a amusement park. I think that Bokuto would like rides and I have been meaning to go here for awhile, but I didn't really want to go alone.

We went on almost every ride and played games. We even won one of those basketball games and bought each other owl plushies. Finally, Bokuto-san had a genuine smile on his face. He was at his usual state again.

We were both exhausted but decided to go on one more ride, even though it was getting a bit dark out. We happily skipped to the ferris wheel and got in. At first it was silent, a good comfortable type of silence. But when we got on the very top, Bokuto turned towards me.

He was fidgeting with his hands and opened his mouth a few times trying to say something. "Bokuto-san, if you have something to say just say-" I was cut off by a pair of soft lips against mine.

"I know this is really fast, and I understand if you won't say yes." Bokuto started.

"But, Ireallylikeyouwouldyougooutwithme?" He said in one rushed breath. I giggled, "Bokuto-san, you don't have to be that nervous. Of course I'll go out with you! I like you too." He immediately smiled and hugged me.

"I really am stupid for not realizing how much I love you earlier."

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, to the moon and back."

-

Omg, this is it! It's finished! I had so much fun writing this. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Thank you all for supporting this book.

As a thanks, I'm gonna give a shout out to all my active readers (those who comment and votes.)

123455ooof
BunuuBerry
Queen-of-Gryffindor
shinrimu
Childpotatomeow
AwkwardSlurpee
Umiisonoda

If I didn't add your name of you want a shoutout, feel free to comment here and I'll shout you out too!