Chapter 1

Everything felt so blurry. I could barely see my surroundings. But I think I was in some sort of tank.

I see these faces staring at me, who are they? They looked like...Doctors? Or maybe scientists? Judging from their all white uniforms.

I hear voices. Multiple voices. Overlapping. But I was able to catch on some of the sentences spoken.

"It's time."

Who said that? Time for what? Why am I here? What is going on?

"Flora..."

I heard a woman's voice. Flora. That's my name. How does she know my name? I want to speak but something is stopping me from opening my mouth. 

"Shall we start now, doctor?"

"Do it."

Start what? Everything is just so confusing and frustrating right now.

Suddenly, I felt a cold substance slowly pooling at my feet. I looked down.

Water.

They were filling the tank with water.

Eyes wide from fear. I start banging from inside the tank, hoping I could break it and avoid being drowned. It's rising so fast it's already reached my knees.

"What are you doing? Let me out!"

For some odd reason, I could talk again. I start shouting. Banging. Kicking. Moving around like a madwoman in the tank. Trying to get out. The water has finally risen past my knees and now pools at my waist.

"Flora..."

I hear that voice again. A woman came to view. Standing outside of the tank. She seems unphased at what was happening to me right now.

"Don't disappoint me."

She said it calmly but yet, there was something about the way she said it that made me get chills. And not the good kind.

"I look forward to working with you."

She walked away, ignoring my cries for help.

"No! Where are you going?! Help me! Please!!!!"

The water was getting higher and higher. Now reaching at my chest.

My head starts ringing. Giving me a headache. It sounded like a nail constantly being scratched on a chalkboard. I cover my ears and shut my eyes hoping it will stop, but the sound still goes on. The water has completely consumed me. The ringing sound still present.

And then it stopped.

It was silent for a while before I hear a voice calling out my name. Over and over again.

"Flora......Flora........Flora....."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Flora!"

I opened my eyes and let out a small gasp. I found myself lying in a hammock. My resting place in the glade. Was I dreaming the whole time? What was that all about? 

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Wakey wakey lazy daisy."

I sat up and looked up to find the source of the voice, a boy with blonde hair came into view. It was Newt. One of my closest friends in the glade. He had a worried look on his face.