Chapter 4

Darkness.

All I saw was darkness when I opened my eyes. I was in some sort of metal box.

I sat up, only to be met with a painful headache. God that hurts.

Trying to regain my senses, I noticed I was in some sort of cage-like metal box. It was being pulled up by metal chains at a fast pace. 

Adrenaline starts pumping in. My breaths were getting shorter and shorter. Tears welling up in my eyes as I frantically look around.

I was scared.

Where am I? Who put me here? Why can't I remember anything? Not even my name.

I stood up, banging on the cage a few times.

"Help!! Somebody please help me!!"

I yelled over and over until my voice was all hoarse and dry. Feeling hopeless, I just sat back down hugging and burying my face into my knees as tears streamed down my face. I was a sobbing mess. 

"Please...Anyone...Help me." I whispered out.

The cage came to a halt. Surprising me. The metal box opened. Light suddenly shining in, blinding me, I closed my eyes and put out my hand to block my sight from it, but slowly opening it so I can adjust my sight to the sudden brightness. Finally being able to see clearly in the sunlight. I saw a bunch of boys staring down at me from the top.

"Holy shucks. It's a girl..." 

"A girl?! In the glade?!"

"Pipe it down Frypan!"

Multiple voices rang in my ears. Still in shock, I start crawling into the corner of the box. Hoping to hide myself away from the crowd above me. 

"George, go down and get her, would you?" 

_____________________________________

I woke and quickly sat up from my sleep. I was dreaming again. No. It wasn't dream. It was a memory. When I first came into the glade. When I first met...

I groaned inwardly and ran my fingers through my hair with frustration. Looking around I saw that everyone was still fast asleep. Guess I woke up a little earlier than expected.

But wait, where's Alby and Thomas? Their hammocks are empty. I got up and walked around to the front of the homestead and saw from a distance. Thomas was carving his name in the wall of the glade with Alby beside him. He's finally a part of us. 

Not wanting to disturb them, I decided to go take a walk around the deadheads. I stopped in my tracks and mumbled to myself.

"I should visit him."

I head deeper into the forest, strolling and feeling the peaceful silence of dawn, I plucked up a daisy on the way and played with it for a bit before finally arriving to the destination I had in mind. I let out a pitiful smile and sighed. My gaze looking downward for a moment before looking back up at the makeshift grave in front of me. The grave had someone's name carved into it. 

"Hey George..." 

I sat on the ground a few meters away from the grave and placed the daisy that was in my hand on it.

"Good to see you again....You shank." 

I let out a small hard laugh. 

"It's been a while since you've been gone but...I'm doing okay.." 

I grinned a bit.

"We got a new greenie. His name is Thomas. He asks a lot of questions but he seems like a nice guy....I was kind of like that when I first arrived, didn't I? Definitely asked less questions though...Gally is doing fine by the way...At least from what I see.....We miss you..."