Chapter 2

Walking to the box, I noticed a familiar figure walking in front of me. I let out a small grin.

It was Gally. Another close friend of mine. I quickly walked up to him.

"Ready to greet the new guy?" 

I asked. Guess he didn't know I was behind him judging by the little flinch he did before turning around to face me. Though he tried to act like he didn't, I noticed.

"Did I scare you big guy?" 

Amusement written on my face. 

He scoffs.

"Good to see you too shank." 

Walking side by side. I decided to ask him again. Just for the fun of it.

"You didn't answer my question." 

I said in a sing-song voice. He just gave me a light shove while rolling his eyes, a small grin forming on his lips. I laughed.

Okay, to say he was just another close friend is an understatement. He was my best friend. When Gally first came into the glade, I came up right after. He was one of the first few people I made friends with when I arrived.

Sure, there are times where he can be an absolute slinthead, especially to any glader who-according to him-"are planning funny business" at me, to say we have never argued about his over-protective nature before is a lie. But I know that at the end of the day, he means well and just wants me and everyone else (though he won't admit it) safe.

"So, Jeff told me you were acting a little odd today while working." 

Gally said nonchalantly at me while walking.

I stopped in my tracks and groaned. Jeff, that klunkhead, I swear to god, he told Gally again. Taking a deep breath in and out. I replied calmly.

"I'm fine Gally. No need to ask again." 

And with that, I continued my way to the box. But he wasn't having any of it, he had a grip on my arm, but it wasn't harsh.

"Flora, you know you can always talk to me right?" 

He looked at me, eyes showing concern. I was about to reply back to him but the sound of the box stopping interrupted.

"It's here!" One of the gladers shouted out. 

"Gally come on!" Another glader added.

He raised his hand to let them know he was coming before turning back to look at me.

"We'll talk after this." 

Then he walked away and proceeded to the box.

A few meters away, I just stood behind the group of curious gladers as the hatch slowly opens, everyone was silent.

"Go get him Gally." Someone spoke up. 

Hearing the command, Gally went down the box and disappeared for a moment before bringing back up the new guy. I couldn't really see what was going on since everyone was crowding over him and talking about what position he would get in the glade. Poor guy, he must be so shocked right now. 

As I tried to tiptoe to see the face of our new addition, he suddenly broke away from the group and started sprinting like a madman. 

"We got a runner!" 

Zart bellowed out, I watched him run from a distance. Zart isn't wrong, he's quite fast. I think Minho would be impressed. 

The moment I complimented on his speed, he tripped and tumbled to the ground harshly.