Chapter 10

I can't shucking believe this. I'm actually in the maze. The maze that I've been told to stay out of. But now here I am. Running in it with Minho and the other gladers.

Completely in awe of the architect as well as the ivy vines that stayed on the walls. I can't help but slow my pace and let out a faint smile. Despite the fact for being known as a place no one wants to stay in for the night. It was breathtakingly beautiful during daylight.

"Keep up lazy daisy! We don't have all day!"

Snapped out of my senses I noticed I was behind the group a bit (who stopped in their tracks for me to catch up) I quickly ran up.

"Sorry! Coming!"

We continued our journey. A few minutes later, we stopped at a wall that looked liked it crushed something. Some sort of mechanical spider-like leg? I think that's what it is. It was sticking out of the wall and below it, was a bunch of slimy guts splattered out on the floor. That must be the dead griever they were talking about.

"That's disgusting." Zart spoke up. My thoughts exactly. The griever got crushed real good I kind of feel bad for it.

"Hey I think there's something in there." Thomas pointed out at the flashing red light in the gap of the wall. It kept letting out a repeated beeping sound. Minho slowly approached the wall and started putting his whole arm into the gap.

"Whoa whoa whoa wait what are you doing?" I asked, looking at him as if he was crazy. Minho just looked at me, not answering, and went back to focus on getting whatever is in there.

Suddenly, a short mechanical roar came out and the leg moved a bit, causing all of us to jump back a bit.

"I thought you said it was dead?!" Frypan called out.

"Was it reflex?"

"You hope." Winston replied to Zart.

I proceeded to just calm myself down silently for what just happened. Letting out a long breath before Thomas spoke up.

"Come on, let's try and pull it out."

With his command we immediately grabbed a hold of the leg and pulled with all our strength.

A few seconds later, some of us fell down and landed on our butts after finally pulling it out of the gap. Including me.

"You good Flora?" Winston held out a hand to me which I gratefully took and he pulled me up. "Yeah. Thanks Winston." Brushing some dust off myself I focused back on the now pulled out leg on the floor which was littered with more guts and slime.

Minho picked up some cocoon like organ with his bare hands, observing it a bit before shoving his hand inside to get whatever was beeping in it out of that thing. And of course some of us let out some sounds of disgust when he took it out (which by the way was covered in more slimy stuff) and dropped the remaining guts to the floor.

He was holding some kind of cylinder object with some wires sticking out of it's end, very obvious that it was man made. Probably from the creators. On the object, letters were printed on it.

W | C | K | D

"What the hell is that?" Thomas blurted out.

"Interesting..." Minho commented as he looked at the object in his hand. Ignoring Thomas's question.

"Okay whatever it is, can we take this up back at the glade, cause I don't want to meet this guy's friends." Frypan said with concern and slight fear. Minho looked around for a moment before nodding. "You're right. It's getting late. Let's go."